About JoSAA 2017, Eligibility Criteria JoSAA 2017, Tie-Breaker JoSAA 2017, JoSAA 2017 Important dates, JoSAA 2017 Participating Institutions, JoSAA 2017 Counselling
About JoSAA 2017:
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority(JoSAA) 2017 is responsible for counselling an seat allocation of candidates who will clear JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017. Allotment of seats in NITs, IIITs and other GFTIs will be through JoSAA counselling for JEE Main 2017 qualifying students. Similarly, admissions into IITs and ISM Dhanbad will be through JoSAA counselling for JEE Advanced 2017. Qualifying students and seats will be allotted as per merit. There are as many as 92 participating institutes of JoSAA 2017. Six rounds of counselling and seat allotment are expected for these institutes in 2017.
Eligibility Criteria JoSAA 2017:
JoSAA 2017 doesn’t have any eligibility criteria of its own for admission into participating institutes, however, for admissions to IITs, students must meet the eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2017, while for NITs, IIITs and others, eligibility criteria of JEE Mains 2017 should be met.
Moreover, it is not mandatory that qualification in the above mentioned exams will guarantee admission to any of the institutes.Candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria of every institute as well. Qualifications required for these institutes are available on their official websites.
Tie-Breaker JoSAA 2017:
In case two or more candidates have the same scores in aggregate, then their ranks will be determined by following the below given policy:
- Higher rank will be awarded to the candidate with more marks in Mathematics
- If still tied, higher rank will be awarded to the candidate with more marks in Physics.
- If still tied, both will be awarded same rank.
JoSAA 2017 Important dates:
- Declaration of JEE Main 2017 by Joint Apex Board-Last week of June 2017
- Commencement of online application and choice filling- Last week of June 2017
- Display of mock seat allocation – Last week of June 2017
- End of registration and online choice filling- Last week of June 2017
- 1st round counselling and seat allotment- First week of July
- 2nd round counselling and seat allotment- First week-Second week of July 2017
- 3rd round counselling and seat allotment- Second week of July 2017
- 4th round counselling and seat allotment- Second week- Third week of July 2017
- 5th round counselling and seat allotment- Third week of July 2017
- 6th round counselling and seat allotment- Third week of July 2017
Participating Institutes JoSAA 2017:
- Indian Institutes of Technology(IITs)- 22
- Indian institutes of Information Technology(IIITs)- 20
- National Institutes of Technology( NITs)- 31
- GFTIs- 18
- ISM Dhanbad
JoSAA 2017 Counselling:
Qualifying students of JEE Main 2017 and JEE Advanced 2017 have to register themselves online and fill the programme and institute of their choice in order to participate in JoSAA 2017 counselling. Online registration for qualifying students will commence in the last week of June 2017.
The Steps for registration are:
-Fill choice of programme
-Fill choice of institute
-Payment of counselling fees
At the time of counselling students have the option to opt for ‘freeze’, ‘slide’ or ‘float’ for the choice of academic programmes in the subsequent rounds.
Freeze – It means the students are satisfied with their allotment and do not wish to take any further part in the counselling.
Float – It means the students accept the allotted seats and in case they get admission in a better/higher preference programme then they can accept it or else continue with the allotted one.
Slide – It means that students who have accepted an allotment can accept a better programme in the same institute if available in subsequent rounds.