The most important objective of All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is to bring together in one place educational facilities of the highest order for the training of personnel in all the important branches of health activity and to attain self-sufficiency in postgraduate medical education. The educational principles and practices being adopted are those which are best suited to the needs of the nation. AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria mandates candidates to pass their class XII with Physics, Chemistry and English and Biology from a recognized board. Also, a candidate must be 17 years old on or before December 31, 2017. A minimum score of 60% and 50% is recommended for General Category candidates and SC/ST Candidates.
AIIMS MBBS Admission 2017 : Age Limit
One of the eligibility conditions for AIIMS MBBS is a minimum age limit. The conditions regarding the same are as follows:
- The candidate applying for AIIMS must have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31, 2017
- No candidate should be born on or after January 2, 2000 will be eligible to apply for AIIMS 2017.
AIIMS MBBS Admission 2017 : Academic Qualification
Candidates must fulfill the below given academic qualification criteria, in order to apply for the AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam:
- The academic qualifications required to be eligible for AIIMS are listed below:
- Candidates must have passed class 12th examination or equivalent from any recognized board
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English must be main subjects in class 12th examination.
- A minimum score of 60% for General Category and Other Backwards Castes and 50% for SC/ST is required.
- In case of students appearing for a qualifying examination, they are allowed to apply for AIIMS. Afterward, however, they need to submit documentary evidence of passing the qualifying examination with required score and subjects.
- In case of institute considering an examination of an Indian university or a foreign university equivalent to 12th class under 10+2 scheme, the candidate has to produce a certificate to the effect that examination passed by them Is equivalent to 112th class under 10+2 scheme. This certificate has to be obtained from the concerned Indian university or Association of Indian Universities.
AIIMS MBBS Admission 2017 : Marks Required
A candidate needs to secure a minimum aggregate of marks in class 12th exam in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject. The category wise required marks for AIIMS MBBS 2017 are given in the table below:
|General and OBC candidates||60%|
AIIMS MBBS Admission 2017 : OCI Eligibility Criteria
Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) who are registered under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955 are eligible to apply for AIIMS. The same terms and conditions applicable to Indian national will apply to OCIs. For being eligible for AIIMS, OCIs need to produce OCI registration proof under Section 7A of Citizenship Act 1955.
For being eligible for admissions to MBBS program, the foreign candidates nominated by the government of India need to pass intermediate science examination or equivalent with a minimum aggregate score of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. There is no need for foreign nationals to appear at Competitive Entrance Examination. This provision is applicable only to AIIMS New Delhi.
AIIMS MBBS Admission 2017 : Fee Structure & Other Payments
- Indian Nationals:
The dues are to be paid in cash immediately, after you have been declared medically fit in the Medical Board of the Institute as per details given below:
|Sl No.||Academic & Other Fees||Amount in `||Hostel & Other Fees||Amount in `|
|1||Registration Fee||25.00||Hostel Rent*||990.00|
|2||Caution Money||100.00||Gymkhana Fee||220.00|
|3||Tuition Fee||1350.00||Pot Fund||1320.00|
|4||Laboratory Fee||90.00||Electricity Charges||198.00|
|5||Student Union Fee||63.00||Mess Security (Refundable)||500.00|
|6||Hostel Security (Refundable)||1000.00|
ABOVE FEES ARE SUBJECT OT REVISION
*Hostel accommodation will be provided subject to availability
The above payment is to be made in Cash. Please Note that Cheques, Drafts, Money Orders etc. will not be accepted in any case, Extension of date for payment of dues will not be permitted in any case.
- Foreign Nationals:
Tuition fees of US $ 75,000/-(divided in 3 equal installments for pre-clinical phase, para clinical phase and clinical phase of MBBS course) will be charged from the foreign national students admitted to MBBS course at AIIMS.
AIIMS Official Website
Also read about NMIMS – Balwant Sheth School of Architecture Admission 2017