Meet the multi-talented young girl, Pearl Almeida, from the city known for its glitz, glamour and fashion Aamchi Mumbai. Not only is she popular in the field of modeling but Pearl is an Entrepreneur by profession, an animal actvist, an acid attack volunteer and also mental health awareness seeker by passion. It is very truly said “if you dream big you can achieve big”. A great example of this is Pearl Almeida. Excelling in the modeling field because of her beauty and talent, Pearl has already had a number of achievements. Entitled as ‘Indian Princess 2016’, ‘ Face Of Asia CreStar 2017’, ‘Miss Globe Asia 2018’, we can presently see her on Top Model India TV Show on Colors Infinity and Voot (mobile app).
Let us get into a conversation with Pearl Almeida:
1. Is modeling only about fame and popularity as normally people assume or there is more to it that we are unaware of?
Modeling is more about showcasing your individuality and personality. It’s showcasing the best version of yourself. If you excel in what you do popularity and fame follow.
2.Tell us all about your first big shoot!
I’ve done many shoots, but don’t consider them as big or small, it’s always about what challenges you and pushes you to perform, shooting on a mountain, climbing a rock with 7′ heels is one challenging shoot, shooting with fire bombs for a perfect picture, shooting with snakes in a lake. I’m all about exploring and adventure.
My most memorable shoot till date has to be in Top Model India, with a tarantula shot by Ace photographer Atul Kasbekar and guided by Lisa Haydon (my Dream Team).
Also Read “Meet The ‘Master Of All’ Romy Bhati Who Is Meant To Stand Out From The Crowd For His Multi-Talent In Beat-Boxing, Choreography, Dreadlock Artist And Freelance Modeling!”
3. There are a lot of struggles and competitions in this field, what are the struggles that you’ve faced? How do you prepare yourself for this competitive world?
Struggles and competition are a part of every career, these struggles make you stronger and build determination.
What matters is how badly do you want this? If you have an undying spirit you can achieve all your goals. I prepare myself and stay positive by always thinking this is what I want to do in life, this is what makes me happy, this is my purpose and strive hard to move ahead, baby steps by making each day productive.
4.Something which is necessary for a model is maintaining figure, so tell us about your diet or what do you do to keep yourself so fit?
I’m blessed with a metabolic system of a 19year old, and amazing genes but I don’t take that for granted. I eat what I like but always in moderation, anything in life should have balance. I don’t go to the gym but I work out at home and love dancing that’s the best form of exercise and a great stress buster for me.
Also modeling is breaking stereotypes, so being size zero is not essentially being fit and comfortable in your skin is, there are so many plus size modeling, androgyny campaigns that are on leading magazines.
5.Few unknown facts about Pearl Almeida!
1) People think I’m girly because I’m a model, but I’m a total tomboy.
2) As a kid I wanted to be a Pilot.
3) I was a rugby captain and aced sports being a champion in sprinting.
4) I love dogs more than human beings (don’t judge me)
5) I don’t drink, smoke, smoke up (I’m already a very happy go lucky high on life kinda person) don’t need alcohol or drugs to get that out of me, always high on life
6) As a teen I was threatened to have acid thrown on my face because a boy couldn’t handle rejection
7) I’ve had multiple surgeries as a new born and doctors lost hope about me surviving, but here I am I’m also known as accident child/miracle baby
8) I am super scared of injections, also scoliodentosaurophobia (fear of lizards and their extended family)
6. Is the modeling world all about appearance and beauty or is there more talent required? Tell us about it.
Beauty is a relative term, I find beauty in people with a humble and caring heart. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. I have always managed to win so many titles in International Pageants because of my personality. Like Miss Talent, Miss Vitality, Miss Congeniality, Miss Lifestyle, Miss Perfect Body, Miss Best Smile, Miss Vivacious. Modeling is about standing out in a crowd by being yourself.
7.There must be days when a model is not comfortable shooting maybe due to some clothes or the ambience, how do you think a proper model should handle such a situation?
Modeling is about being comfortable in your own skin once you are, nothing else matters. Embrace art and you are a medium or a muse to showcase art. Modeling is about having no inhibitions and getting out of your comfort zone. Modeling is all about constantly changing with the trends and fashion yet keeping your personal style alive.
8. There is no certainty in this field. What do you need to do everytime to get a new project? If by chance you don’t get one how do you tackle such a situation?
Rejections are a part and parcel of life, keep trying and working on yourself, understand why you didn’t make it, work harder… better yourself. Falling several times but rising time and again is what matters.
9.How was it like being Miss Globe Asia ‘18?
It’s an overwhelming feeling to be able to represent my country on an international platform, being called “INDIA” is not just an honour but a feeling I’ll never forget for a lifetime.
10. Is there any special memory you would like to share with us?
I have so many but the ones that are most dear to me is bringing laurels to my country and changing people’s negative perception about India.
11. What message would you like to give to the youth who are looking forward to pursue this career?
Don’t give up!! Remember why you want this and if it drives you go against all odds to fulfill your dreams. Don’t compare yourself to others, your journey is special and unique compete with yourself. Life is tough, but so are you.