Jadavpur University (JU) B.ED Admissions- Merit List, Documents required, Seats availability and Counselling dates!
Merit List for Jadavpur University
The provisional merit list for Jadavpur University is OUT! Hurry up candidates go find out if your name is in it. Check out here
Now before you check out the merit list here are few points you should go through:
- The list is provisional and is subject to:
- the fulfilling of the eligibility criteria as notified earlier.
- the verification of the equivalence of marks/degree from other universities to those of this university, where applicable.
- correction in the merit position due to error, if any.
2. An applicant shall not be considered for admission, even if he/she is provisionally selected for admission if at the time of counselling/admission and verification of marks, it is found by the university authority that
- s/he does not satisfy the eligibility criteria,.
- s/he does NOT have completed results at Bachelors (Honours) level and have NOT passed in all papers.
- s/he has appeared in M.A/M.Sc 4th semester (second year second semester) examination 2017 but has NOT secured at least 40% marks in each course and at least 50% (40% for SC/ST and 45% for PD) marks in the aggregate of all marks obtained in 1st, 2nd and 3rd semester examinations.
3. If an applicant is found to have entered incorrect marks in his/her on-line application form, his/her rank position in the selection/merit list provided below shall be revised and corrected accordingly on the basis of actual marks obtained in the examination concerned.
4. Candidates who have already been admitted to any autonomous college/institution or college/institution affiliated to other universities and pursuing any regular day course at present, shall be required to submit an affidavit (at the time of counselling/admission) that s/he will be de-registering from that course. Proof of application of de-registration/cancellation from the course concerned must be submitted within July 12, 2017, failing of which her/his admission will be cancelled.Subsequently, cancellation/migration certificate from the institution concerned should be submitted preferably within 31th October 2017.
For more infos visit
Number of seats available in Jadavpur University B.Ed Course
Total number of seats: 100.
As per order of Govt. of West Bengal :- Deputed: 25; Fresher – JU:- 68; Other Universities:- 7.
S.T JU (common merit list) :- 4 Deputed:- 2
P.D JU (common merit list) :- 2 Deputed:- 1
Documents Required During Counselling at Jadavpur University
- A print out of the on-line application.
- 3 (three) recent passport size photographs.
- Online payment receipt.
- All original marksheets, certificates including SC/ST/PD certificates from competent authorities in the names of the candidates themselves, where applicable, are to be shown at the time of interview for verification.
- The original madhyamik admit card/certificate (for age verification).
- Attested copies of all marksheets, certificates, madhyamik admit card/ certificate are to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Parents/guardian’s income certificate issued by the employer with office seal for the employed person and for others by a gazetted officer.
- If the provisionally selected candidate has completed his/her highest degree (BA/B.Sc/M.A./M.Sc/M.Phil, whichever is applicable) in 2016 or before: An affidavit (in non-Judicial stamp paper) that he/she is not registered in any other day-course anywhere/elsewhere
- If the provisionally selected candidate is pursuing any regular day course in another college/university: an affidavit (in non-Judicial stamp paper) that s/he will be de-registering from that day-course.
- If applied under the Deputed category, the teachers from secondary/ higher secondary schools affiliated to W.B.B.S.E/ W.B.C.H.S.E must produce:
- a copy of the appointment letter from the District Inspector of Schools
- a No Objection Certificate from the Managing Committee of the school duly countersigned by the District Inspector of Schools. The Managing Committee must clearly certify whether or not the teacher teaches in class V to XII, at the time of interview and admission.
Date and Venue of Counselling in Jadavpur University
- For General, SC, ST candidates under (1) Deputed Category, (2) Universities Other than Jadavpur University and (3) in subjects Physics (JU), Chemistry (JU) and Mathematics (JU) and for all candidates under ST Category (JU students): 04.07.2017 at 11.00 am at Prof. Anita Banerjee Memorial Hall (Ground Floor, U.G. Arts Building), Jadavpur University.
The waitlisted candidates must report at 2:00 pm on 04.07.2017 at Prof. Anita Banerjee Memorial Hall.
- For General and SC candidates under the subjects Bengali (JU), English (JU), History (JU), Sanskrit (JU), Comparative Literature (JU), Political Science/IR(JU), Sociology (JU), Education (JU), Philosophy (JU), Economics (JU): 05.07.2017 at 11.00 am at Prof. Anita Banerjee Memorial Hall (Ground Floor, U.G. Arts Building), Jadavpur University.
The waitlisted candidates must report at 2:00 pm on 05.07.2017 at Prof. Anita Banerjee Memorial Hall.
ALL THE BEST candidates!