Jadavpur University – B.A. honors application and selection for admission 2017!
Online submission of application(s) for B.A. (Honours) Courses 2017-18, Jadavpur University
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION IS OVER, the last date being 14th June 2017.
Few important points to be noted:
- After 48 hours of form fill up, candidates should pay the application fees online through SBI I-Collect System using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card (enter Date of Birth in ddmmyyyy format in SBI server) and print the e-receipt from SBI website for further reference.
- After online payment through SBI I-Collect System, candidates have to upload the fees deposit details (SBCollect Ref. No.) by login to the system using Application No./Login ID. If you do not upload the fees deposit details within 20/6/2017 in the website, your application shall not be completed. Incomplete and/or incorrect application shall be liable to be cancelled.
- The candidate will then need to take a printout of the admit card (if applicable), following all necessary instructions.
- Candidates must produce the admit card with two self attested photograph of the candidate pasted on it at the time of written admission test. (To print admit card follow Step 4 of How To Apply page.)
- All admission tests will have to be taken in English or Bengali.
- IMPORTANT: If any candidate wants to fill the form second time, he/she has to enter his/her H.S. or equivalent Registration No./Index No. followed by dup (for example, if your H.S. or equivalent Registration No./Index No. is 5008456 then you will have to enter 5008456dup).
Last Date of submission of online applications : 14/06/2017
Last Date of submission of application fees through SBI-Collect system using credit card/ Debut card/ Net Banking : 17/06/2017
Last Date of submission of P.D certificate : 29/06/2017
Last Date of submission of Sports certificate: 29/06/2017
The date and time of the admission tests are as follows!
|Comparative Literature||27/06/2017||12 noon to 2:00 pm||Dept. of Comparative
|English||28/06/2017||12 noon to 2:30 pm||Dept. of English
|Philosophy||29/06/2017||11:30 am to 1:30 pm||Dept. of Philosophy|
|Political Science||29/06/2017||2:30 pm to 4:30 pm||Dept. of International
Qualifying test for those who have passed the (+2) examination through correspondence/patracher/open school method (for Bengali, History, Sanskrit, Sociology and Economics only) will be held on 27/06/2017 at 3:00pm in the respective departments.
MERIT LIST PUBLICATION:
For Bengali, Economics, History, Sanskrit & Sociology : 28/06/2017 & 29/06/2017
For Other Departments : 13/07/2017 & 14/07/2017
The merit list will be made for all selected candidates. The criterias for selection are:
|For Economics*||Marks obtained by the candidates in Mathematics shall be added to the
aggregate marks calculated following the guideline laid down in aggregate
marks calculation to arrive at the final score. Students shall be ranked
according to their final score out of 500
|For History, Sanskrit and|
|On the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the H.S. /Equivalent Examination|
|For Comparative Literature*||On the basis of a two hour written test|
|For Political Science*||On the basis of 1) 50% weightage to the aggregate percentage obtained in
H.S./Equivelant Examination. 2) 50% weightage to the performance in a
|For Bengali*||On the basis of 1) 20% weightage of aggregate marks calculated following the
guideline laid down in aggregate marks calculation. 2) 50% weightage of
marks obtained in Bengali & English taken together in H.S./Equivelant
Examination. 3) 130% weightage of marks obtained in Bengali in
|For Philosophy*||In accordance with a merit list based on 1) 50% weightage to the aggregate
percentage obtained in H.S./Equivelant Examination. 2) 50% weightage to the
performance in a written test.
|For English*||All candidates will have to appear in a two-and-a-half-hour admission test. The
test will be in two parts, of 30 + 100 marks respectively. The scripts of only
those who obtain the minimum marks set by the Department in the first part
will be evaluated in the second part. The merit list will be determined solely on
the basis of marks obtained in the second part.
Candidates who have passed the H.S. or it’s equivalent examination (under 10+2 system) through a correspondence course under any recognized Board/Council will be required to sit for a Preliminary Qualifying Test (PQT) for admissions to BA (Honours) in Bengali, Economics, History, Sanskrit and Sociology.
ALL THE BEST to all candidates appearing for the test!
official website : http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/
Also read “Alert! Jadavpur University – Overview, Rankings And Reasons For Choosing It!”