University of Calcutta- All About B.A.LL.B Admission- Entrance Test , Important Dates, Colleges Affiliated Under University of Calcutta!
Eligibility criteria in University Of Calcutta
1) Passed 10+2 or its equivalent from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta in the year 2015 – 2017 (for General); 2013 – 2017 (for SC/ST) and 2010 – 2017(for PWD) only.
2) 10+2 Level Marks obtained from the Board recognized by the University of Calcutta :
GENERAL: At least 45% marks in best four subjects. (Excluding Environmental Studies of WBCHSE).
SC/ST/PERSON WITH DISABILITY (Disability 40% or more) : At least 40% marks in best four subjects. (Excluding Environmental Studies of WBCHSE).
3) Candidate passed 10+2 from the Board other than WBCHSE, ISC,CBSE and Rabindra Mukto Vidyalay must be obtained “EQUIVALANCE CERTIFICATE” from the office of the Registrar, (Equivalance Section) University of Calcutta, 87/1, College Street, Kolkata-700073 by a written application in plain paper with relevant photo copy of 10+2 Mark Sheet. Certificate will be required at the time of Admission. It will be safe to obtain the certificate before online application submission.
Important Dates for Admissions in University of Calcutta!
Online Admit Card Download : 21/6/2017 to 24/6/2017.
Entrance Test : 25/6/2017 (Sunday).
Entrance Test Overall Merit List & Category wise seat capacity : 30/6/2017.
Online Admission Slip Download : Published in due course.
(After each phase of Counselling)
Entrance Test for B.A.LL.B University of Calcutta
Date : 25/6/2017
Time : 12 Noon
Duration : Two and half hours
Marks : 100
Pattern : Off-line
Question Type : MCQ (English, GK, Current Affairs, Reasoning, General Math etc.)
Instructions for Applicants:
- Applicants are advised to keep their Application Form Number and Password in own custody. Also advised the Admit Card of the Entrance Test to keep in safe custody.
- Applicants are advised to take a print after successful Admission form submission and make it ready as and when required by the University /College authority.
- Centre for Entrance Test : In Kolkata only will be specified in the Admit Card.
- There is no negative marking and no cutoff marks for the Entrance Test.
- Institution wise Selection List will be published considering the merit of the entrance test and college preference given at the time of application form submission. Please be careful about submission of College Preference.
- Entrance Test Merit List and Institution wise selection list will be published here.
- Individual Institution website address given for more information regarding institution concerned. It may help you to prepare your college preference list.
- After publication of each phase of selection list candidates will be given two to three working days to get admit in the concerned college. So they have to make themselves prepare for the same with requisite fees and other necessary documents ( 10th Mark sheet & Admit Card, 10+2 Mark sheet & Admit, Entrance Admit Card, Admission Slip.
Law Colleges affiliated under University of Calcutta and their seat distribution
- Department of Law, University of Calcutta (Hazra Campus). No. of seats 120.
- Jogesh Chandra Chaudhuri Law College. No. of seats 120.
- South Calcutta Law College.No. of seats 120.
- Surendranath Law College Sealdah . No. of seats 120.
5.Bikash Bharati Law College (Self-financed). Aamtala, Jayrampur, N.D.Road, South-24 Parganas,No. of seats 120.
- Rabindra Siksha Sammilani Law College (Self-financed), Petua, Subhasgram, South-24 Parganas. No. of seats 120.
- Jyotirmoy School of Law (Self-financed), Sonarpur, South-24 Parganas. No. of seats 120.
- Shyambazar Law College (Self-financed) No. of seats 120
- George School of Law (Self-financed), Konnagar, Hoogly. No. of seats 120.
- Sureswar Dutta Law College (Self-financed), Mourigram, Howrah. No. of seats 120.
11.Heritage Law College (Self-financed), Anandapur, Chowbaga Road, Kolkata . No. of seats 120.
- Kolkata Police Law Institute (Self-financed) Alipore Body Guard Lines Kolkata – 27 No. of seats 60( 80% of seats reserved for the eligible wards of Kolkata Police/Ex Kolkata Police/WB Police/Ex WB Police).
- L. J. D. Law College (Self-financed), Falta Nainan Road, PO – Sahararhat, Vill Punnya, PS-Falta 24 Parganas (South) . No. of seats 120. (Subject to affiliation of the Bar Council of India).
Click here for admission updates on various universities