Application Procedure for Jadavpur University Admission to PG Programmes
- A candidate can apply for M.E./M.Tech ./M.Pharm./M.Arch Courses – 2017-18 online from 15th June, 2017 to 3 r d July, 2017. ( Click here for applying online)
- Candidates are advised to download the Information Brochure and Pay -in-Slip of State Bank of India to deposit Application Fee. An Application fee of Rs.1000/- is to be deposited through any branch of State Bank of India by filling up the down -loaded Pay-in-slip.
- Qualifying degrees are indicated against each course offered under FET and FISLM in the brochure . Against the same application fee, a candidate can apply in all the M.E/M.Tech/MMD courses listed in the table, subject to having the qualifying degrees as indicated.
- While filling ONLINE Application Form/s all candidates (passed / appeared or due to appear in qualifying examination) are instructed to upload self-attested and scanned copies of documents : A) Irrespective of the category, all candidates must upload self-attested and scanned copies of i) mark-sheets of each semester of Undergraduate degree examination for Engineering courses or Undergraduate and Postgraduate degree examinations in Science courses. B) Depending on the category, respective candidates must upload self-attested and scanned copies of i) SC/ST Certificate issued by the Govt. of West Bengal, PW D (Person with Disability) Certificate and Family Income Certificate issued by the competent authority, as applicable ii) GATE/GPAT card copies for Category A applicants (as indicated in Table 1 of brochure) iii) Relevant experience certificate and the latest Form -16 or appropriate IT declaration for Category B applicants and No objection certificate from the employer to study the course for the entire duration.
- Candidates are also requested to keep a photo copy of print out of System Generated Online Application Form for future reference.
- A candidate, who requires to appear in Admission Test as indicated in BROCHURE is requested to download their Admit-card uand bring his/her admit card duly affixing his/her recent photograph with signature in the specified space at the time of respective Admission Tests.
- No admission test will be required for GATE/GPAT qualified candidates for Automobile Engg. (under Mechanical Engg.), Bio -process Engg. (under Chemical Engg.), Chemical Engg., Civil Engg., Computer Sc. & Engg., Electrical Engg., Electronics & Tele. Comm. Engg., Food Tech. & Biochemical Engg., Illumination Engg. (under Electrical Engg.), Instrumentation & Electronics Engg., Material Engg. (under Metallurgical & Material Engg.), Mechanical Engg., Metallurgical Engg. (under Metallurgical & Material Engg.), Pharmacy, Production Engg. and Software Engg. (under I.T. Dept.) as listed in Table 1. All other eligible candidates must appear for admission test.
Reservation for Jadavpur University Admission to PG Programmes
Reservation of Seats for SC/ST categories have been made as per Government of India norms. 3% PWD (Persons with disabilities) is reserved in Self-sponsored Category as a supernumerary intake
Documents required during Admission in Jadavpur University PG Programmes
a) Admit Card and Score Card of GATE/GPAT (if applicable).
b) Mark -sheets and Certificates from Secondary examination to Undergraduate degree examination in Engineering or to Postgraduate degree examination in Science courses.
c) SC/ST Certificate issued by the Govt. of W est Bengal, PW D (Person with Disability) Certificate and Family Income Certificate issued by the competent authority.
d) For Sponsored Category candidates, a „No Objection Certificate‟ from the employer for the entire course period, relevant experience certificate along with the latest Form-16 or appropriate IT declaration.
e) Bachelor course approval letter of AICTE or COA or UGC-AICTE-DEC Joint Committee from the appropriate authority.
f) Final year/semester appearing certificate issued by the Principal / Controller of Examinations of the University has to be produced by the candidate, in case the result is not declared. These candidates must submit the final semester result by end of September 2017 or before applying for scholarship in the respective portal whichever is earlier; otherwise the admission w ill get cancelled.
Eligibility for PG courses in ENGG/TECH./ARCH./PHARM in Jadavpur University
Category (A) – GATE/GPAT: Obtained Bachelor‟s degree in Engg./Tech./Arch./Pharmacy o r M.Sc./MCA with at least average Grade point 6.75 (60%) for General Candidate or Grade point 5.25 (45%) for SC/ST/PW D Candidate and qualified through GATE/GPAT having valid GATE/GPAT Score.
Category (B) – Sponsored: Obtained Bachelor‟s degree in Engg./Tech./Arch/Pha rmacy or M.Sc./MCA with at least average Grade point 6.75 (60%) for General Candidate or Grade point 5.25 (45%) for SC/ST/PWD. Candidate & minimum 1 (one) year experience after passing the B.E./B.Tech/B/Pharm/B.Arch examination (for PG in Civil Engineering course minimum 2 (two) years) duly sponsored by Industry / Institute/ Govt. Depts.
Relevant experience shall be counted after passing BE/B.Tech./B.Arch/B.Pharm or M.Sc. degree and getting job, whichever is later, till last date of online submission of Application Form , i.e., 3 r d July, 2017.
Category (C) – Self-Sponsored: Obtained Bachelor‟s degree in Engg./Tech./Arch or M.Sc./MCA (see NOTES and Table 1 – ELIGIBILTY SCHEDULE below) with at least average Grade point 6.75 (60%) for General Candidate or Grade point 5.25 (45%) for SC/ST/PW D Candidate. As per Govt. of India rules 3% PW D (Persons with disabilities) seat is reserve d supernumerary.
Download Information Brochure
Check out admission updates of various universities here