BITS Pilani Foreign Students Admission 2017 : At a glance, Eligibility & Orientation Week!
Birla Institute of Technology and Science – At a glance
BITS Pilani (Birla Institute of Technology and Science) is one of the most prestigious institutes of India and it now plans to be a top International institute with a global reputation. As a step in this direction, BITS has opened its doors to students from around the world. This will also serve to further BITS’s quest to obtain the status of a top 50 BRICS university in the world.
BITS Pilani Foreign Students Admission 2017 : Eligibility Criteria
A student who satisfies all of the following criteria is eligible to apply:
* Only citizens of a country other than India may apply.
* Candidate should have passed qualifying examination (Grade 12) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English conducted by the country’s Board of Higher/Senior Secondary Education, including those in India, or its equivalent examination such as the “A” levels (conducted by Cambridge International), the International Baccalaureate, etc.
* Candidates who have passed the above qualifying examinations in 2016 and who are appearing for the examination in 2017 may apply.
* Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 75% aggregate marks (or 7.5 grade on 10 point scale), in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in the above examination.
* Candidate should have a minimum aggregate score of 1160 (out of maximum of 1600) in SAT, and also a minimum aggregate score of 1600 (out of maximum of 2400) in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Level 2.
* The candidate should have written the SAT and SAT subject tests not earlier than February 1, 2015.
* Scores of candidates who had written SAT as per old format will be mapped using concordance tables available from College Board (USA).
IMPORTANT NOTES :
Candidates who do not have any of the following marks/scores at the time of applying, can submit the application:
- SAT score (yet to take SAT)
- Qualifying examination results (appearing in qualifying examination in 2017).
They MUST submit the SAT score/qualifying examination result as early as possible, but NOT later than the dates given below:
- SAT score – June 25, 2017.
- Qualifying examination (Grade 12) results – September 15, 2017.
Qualifying examination (Grade 12) marks should be uploaded on the website by 25th June, 2017 if results are announced.
If a candidate fails to furnish any of these by the specified date or fails to meet the eligibility criteria (i.e. secures less than specified minimum in Class 12 (only) and/or SAT test and thus becomes ineligible), his/her admission would stand cancelled. See Refund Policy for fees refunds.
Candidates for whom one or both of the above qualifying scores are not available at the time of making admission, would be considered and may be offered ‘provisional admission’ based on their SAT Subject test’s score.
The “provisional admission” would be confirmed after the missing score/s is/are received, found to meet the stipulated eligibility requirements, and all other stipulated admission requirements are complete.
Candidates who do not have SAT Subject Test scores (or yet to take the SAT Subject Tests) should provide SAT Subject Test scores by March 15, 2017 to be included in the merit list.
BITS Pilani Foreign Students Admission 2017 : Orientation Week
Orientation week gives the students an opportunity to:
* Acclimatize to the Indian environment,
* Get familiar with the BITS Academic system,
* Get to know their way around campus and to meet their peers,
* Check out the city’s main attractions, on a guided tour organized by BITS.
For more information click here
Read more about BITS Admissions
Click here to check admission updates on various universities