BITS Overview, Eligibilty Criteria for BITS 2017, Courses Offered by BITS, BITSAT 2017
BITS is a star rated educational institution, an oasis for the quest of academics with single-minded devotion. The vast and varied infrastructure available on the campus for extra-curricular activities and creative clubs helping students gain new dimensions in personality development. It boasts of its own, very transparent entrance test popularly known as BITSAT, through the effective use of technology. Teaching methods have metamorphosed into two-way interactions that keep abreast of the digital era where the student can procure knowledge and information from both cyber space and state of art classrooms. BITS is a stellar example of a place of serious learning.
Courses Offered at BITS
Applications are invited for candidates who have applied for BITSAT 2017 and who fulfil the eligibility criteria of Integrated First degree programmes.
The programs offered at the campuses of Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad are:
Eligibility for admissions:
For admission to all the integrated first degree programmes candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with adequate proficiency in English. Except for admission to B. Pharm, the candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as subjects. For admission to B. Pharm., candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, and either Biology or Mathematics as subjects.
The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th grade examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
For BITSAT–2017, candidates who fulfill the following conditions are eligible to appear:
- Students appearing for 12th grade examination in 2017.
- Students who have passed the 12th grade examination in 2016 provided they explain the reasons for the gap. The admissions committee will examine all such cases before taking a final decision on their eligibility.
- Students should have taken Physics, Chemistry, and either Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) subjects in 12th class.
1. Students who have passed 12th grade examination in 2016 or previous years and have already joined any other educational Institution for higher studies will be considered for admission under ‘Advanced standing’ basis, which is explained in the earlier part.
- Students who are presently studying in BITS at any of its campuses are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT.
- The Institute considers only the latest performance through a public examination for admission. If the results of the latest examination are not available within the due date for submission of application, the candidate will not be considered even if there are some earlier performances of 12th class or its equivalent or any higher examination available with him/her. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed.
All the best !!!