The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) – At a glance & Application for admissions 2017!
IGNOU- At a glance
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) serves the educational aspirations of over 2.7 million students in India and other countries through 21 Schools of Studies and a network of 67 regional centres, around 2,667 learner support centres. Th e University offers about 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes, with a strength of nearly 283 faculty members and 256 academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres and about 33,212 academic counsellors from conventional institutions of higher learning, professional organisations, and industry among others.
Application Procedure for admission at IGNOU
Carefully read the following instructions before applying:
- If you are a first time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
- You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus 2016-2017 and read carefully the Rules of the University (Section 06) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read section 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13.
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
- Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:-
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 400 KB)
- Fee can be paid by following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card(PNB)
- It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
- Note: Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application form as per IGNOU Rules.
The last date for admission is:
- 30th June 2017 for Certificate Programmes
- 31st July 2017 for all other Programmes
Student’s registration form: click here
Read the Terms & Conditions for online payment here
Also read: St.Xaviers Kolkata admissions 2017
Read about admission updates of various colleges here