Labdhi from Udaipur, Rajasthan has proved this right and her determination and never-give-up attitude has made her a winner. Labdhi Surana, student of Grade-2, Rockwoods High School, has been awarded with Rashtrapati Award by honourable president of India Mr Ramnath Kovind on Children’s Day.
Congratulations Labdhi on this marvelous achievement. You truly deserve this award.
In conversation with Labdhi Surana-
1. How do you feel on being awarded by our President on children’s day?
I had never thought that I will get such an award at a young age and that too by the first man of our country. I felt really proud and happy to receive the award.
2. What were the struggles you faced while you were preparing for your tournaments?
It was quite difficult for me to manage studies and sports at the same time. I used to start my day by 5 am in the morning when everyone was sleeping. My practice was a must be it too cold or too hot.
3. How do you feel on representing your country in enlinged speed skating abroad and also making your country proud ?
My first love is medals. My mom always taught me to do races like there’s no tomorrow. I felt really proud when I represented Team INDIA and got laurels to my city and nation.
4. How does your family take your success?
My mom and my dad are my biggest strength , without them I could not have reached this level. They worked hard for me, than I did. They feel really proud on being recognised by others as Labdhi’s parents.
5. How do you feel on becoming successful at the age of 7?
Seven is a very young age, still I have a lot to learn. My targets are world championships and youth Olympics and what I know is Olympians are not made in a day so I have to really focus on some big targets in near future.
6. How is your preparation going on for the next tournament that you are about to play ?
I have RSSFI states coming up along with inter schools Europa cup. Nothing can be achieved without hardwork and dedication so I am focused on these big tournaments.
7. What is your message to the kids of today’s generation who wish to be successful like you at a young age ?
Every child has its own talent. Its the responsibility of a parent to get their child’s talent showcast and in whatever field their kids are , the most important thing is discipline , dedication and self belief