Art & Culture Photography

Lights! Camera! Action! A Photographer & Cinematographer Takes Us Through His Wonderful Journey | Arindam Sikdar

arindam sikdar

“I don’t shoot what it looks like, I shoot what it feels like”-Arindam Sikdar

Meet Arindam Sikdar, a versatile professional photographer, retoucher and cinematographer who was featured in innumerable number of sites because of his supreme photography skills.

Arindam, a 21 year old resident of Bhilai has always believed in hard work and his efficiency that has allowed him to be a successful and famous photographer. Arindam is very passionate about his phototography and has his own firm. He plans to hit the big screen soon and looking at his works it doesn’t seem that the day is far away.

Let’s catch up with Arindam who takes us through his successful journey.

Arindam Sikdar photography pics

1. What made you choose this path for your career?

Passion for photography came after I covered half way, initially I started photography just to learn how to interact with people because as I said I was an introvert which eventually led to big things but I wont lie, I was always an artist from my childhood.

2. Which photographers influenced you, and how did they influence your thinking and career path?

I was never a die hard fan of any photographer but I do follow work of Pye Jirsa, Atul kasbekar, said mhamad, Brandon woefel. From the start only I have an unique style but I do experiment still most of the time I stick to my style which separates me from other fellow photographers

3. Exactly what it is you want to say through your photographs, and how do you actually get your photographs to do that?

To be honest I never try to tell a story. I  just find a good location, good model, good concept and shoot. Its the people and their creativity who find a story in every picture from their own perspective but surely there is lots of creativity and hard work put on thinking the concept.

4. Among your works, which one is your favorite? Why?

My favourite picture changes everyday…to be honest I am never satisfied with my work as I follow such amazing photographers so I have huge expectations from myself.

5. What motivates you to continue taking pictures economically, politically, intellectually or emotionally?

The answer is simple passion, fame & ofcourse Money. Almost everyone wants that so I am not guilty of anything


Also Read ” You Will Regret It If You Miss It. He Is Born With Music In His Soul! Jit Bhunia – An Aspiring Musician

6. Any struggles that you’ve faced as a photographer and how did you overcome them ?

When I started my photography buisness, I was very young so people found it difficult to trust me with big wedding contracts. So for me the biggest struggle was to make people believe that I am worth that trust. Ofcourse there were other struggles too but this was the most difficult one in which I had no control on.

Arindam Sikdar

7. What is your biggest achievement in this field?

I have been featured in several sites like Wedmegood, Wedding Sutra, etc but still for me the biggest achievement is when I meet an unknown person and they already know me because of my work, It happens with me quite often and I just love that feeling.
Twelve Million people, more than 1000 spoken languages, over 9 religions, one city with a marriage taking place every minute in average – Delhi, India defines diversity. This diversity, seen in every realm of Indian life starting from food & clothing to customs & traditions, is reflected in Maharashtra too.
Click here
Also having my own firm is also a huge achievement for me.

8. The memorable experience being a photographer?

Being a photographer is awesome. You get to travel places, meet new people & having fun with crew members. Sounds so adventurous right? Trust me its not!! 90 percent of the time we work and the rest 10 percent we enjoy a bit. But travelling with my crew, building memories from the first wedding we covered and around 100 weddings later also I still remember all the fun we had together in every wedding we covered. “We put our heart & Soul in every wedding we cover” That’s how we work!!

9. Anything you would like to say to other young aspiring photographers 

I am also young though but yes for photographers who are just starting out, I have few suggestions for them. First and most important suggestion is that no matter how successful you get never forget your grounds, always be close to those people who supported you initially. Second, Never give up on your dreams no matter what anybody says just keep on working. Third, Love yourself!! Fourth, always be open to suggestions even a three year old can teach you lots of things. Enjoy shooting!!


Catch up with Arindam on Facebook

Arindams Photography Page

%d bloggers like this: