Shubhangana Vishwanathan, the third runner up of the “Miss Tiara 2017” beauty pageant, is a student of Journalism from Kalindi College, Delhi University. Shubhangana has also excelled in Bharatnatyam to a point of achieving bachelorette in the same. Apart from the beauty pageant, she has won many national and international award such as Pramerica Spirit Of Community Awards- Bronze Medal, Channel V Nokia India Fest – Rank 4 (Dance), Ms. Engage, Youth Nexus- Winner (Dance) among a few.
1. How was your experience with the Miss Tiara competition?
Experience has been wonderful. It teaches you a lot and grooms you as a person completely. It increases your confidence also lets you explore different cultures as I was able to depict my Tamilnadu culture and inhibit knowledge about other cultures as well.
2. You must be among the winners but still, there is one little lesson that everyone has a hand on separately. What is your little lesson?
Well! The competition has taught me a lot in every sphere but most importantly It has taught me to be a person with positive attitude. Also, it has taught me to explore more on culture and fashion.
3. Everyone gives credit for “Inspiration and Motivation” to parents but you do to your aunt? What is the Role of your Aunt in your career ?
Yes! A large part of the “Inspiration and Motivation” comes from my aunt because she herself has already won an international pageant. Mrs. Vaishnavi Agnihotri- Mrs top of the world has inspired me a lot and defined beauty pageant in a different manner.
4. We come across various beauty pageant time and again. Do you think it is just about beauty or requires an equal amount of brains?
Yes, this beauty pageant requires both beauty and brain. On this platform, one has to be aware of what his happening around the world and why. One is crowned on the basis of social political and economical awareness with beauty and elegance.
5. Which is the most memorable moment the pageant has given you?
There were many memorable moments on this pageant but to name a few I would say when I was crowned as 3rd runner-up, was amongst the best because my parents and family members were right in front of me with all hopes. Seeing them jumping off their seats after the announcement was the best and the memorable moment for me.
6. Do you have to keep a tap on your body measurements? Do you cut on calories and your favorite food?
Yes, you have to be fit not in size zero but have a good shape. During my participation, I had to maintain my diet which involves healthy food in different proportions. I believe one should also follow that normally too.
7. Now you are the sub-director of the same pageant how does it feel and what are the responsibilities?
See I told you earlier also that every crown comes with responsibility and now after becoming the sub-director Miss Tiara India it feels great to be on the other side of the channel. Now I have to look at the aspirants from North zone who are eagerly waiting for this pageant and select the best and send it forward to Mumbai and later abroad with the consideration of my National Director.
8. What will be your piece of advice for the future aspirants of the pageant?
I would advise people that while going to any pageant one must be socially connected to the ground as every crown is with a cause that the queen has to fulfill. So everyone should be well prepared for this.
9. Every successful person has a message for other in the youth to succeed based on own experiences. What will be your message for the youth?
I would always convey one simple thing to my friends and my juniors that never leave hope unless you think you are not deserving and I believe every person has to believe in himself and always work for betterment than credits as work speaks and credits.
Shubhangana on the contestant page.
Shubhangana Instagram page