Hailing from the hills of Solan, Himachal Pradesh, Sugandha Sood has made her own niche in the Indian television industry. All this while, she has been styling for a number of famous television celebrities that are inclusive of Kishwer Merchant, Krishna Mukherjee, Sana Khan, Prince Narula, Nia Sharma, Pryanca Talukdar, Ashish Sharma and many others. With such excellent styling, she has gone a step ahead and done styling for celeb weddings as well. She styled recently married celebs namely, Dimple Jhangiani, Suyyash Rai and Pooja Banerjee for their wedding. In fact, this super-talented girl is now the personal stylist of famous singer, Neha Kakkar.
Follow her on Instagram and take the styling cues!
Let’s get into a conversation with Sugandha Sood :
1. What are the requirements to become a fashion stylist?
As such there are no special requirements to become a stylist. Ofcourse styling course should be a must for knowledge . And more importantly you need to have a lot of patience and good contacts. Contacts is a necessity in this field. If you fulfill these criteria you can easily become the best one.
2. How do you involve yourself in this industry of celebrity stylist? And how do you feel working with the entertainment industry?
My work speaks. Social media influences a lot in this field but more than social media word of mouth and the work is appreciable. I love my job❤
3. Whom did you implement your first work on in this industry? Was it successful?
When I started my styling in the celebrity field, it started with Kishwer Merchant, for which I had to spend around 10k from my pocket. But it was worth it as it was indeed a success. She’s the best person to work with. It was a great experience indeed.
ALSO READ: “She Has Styled Deepika Padukone, Aishwarya Rai & Malaika Arora ! Meet Vidya Tikari Who Has Made To Limca Book Of Records !”
4. Is there anyone whose work inspires you the most and you wish to follow him/her? If yes, who and why?
There are a lot of inspirational people in this industry and everyone’s work must be equally appreciated but yes the person who inspires me the most is Shaleena Nathani because she has made her name in the industry with her hardwork and wonderful work and I would like to do the same.
5. Since you’ve worked with many celebrities who’s your personal favourite, whom do you enjoy working with the most and why?
There is no such single favourite among all the celebrities I have worked with. I enjoy working with each and everyone equally.
6. What is your ultimate future goal in this field?
My ultimate aim is to style Hollywood celebrities and also the young generation in Bollywood.
7. Who is your dream celebrity to style, anywhere in the world?
The one dream celebrity I would love to style is Salman Khan.
8. What are the struggles that you’ve faced to reach this position?
In every field you will always have to face a lot of problems. Without struggle no one can gain success. So did I ! I faced a lot of problems in establishing myself in this industry. But if you are strong enough to overcome all struggles and determined with your work nothing can come in between your success.
9. What are your biggest achievements in this field?
My biggest achievements have been in this one year and I have styled in some of the most popular and grand weddings like recent in Bharti Singh and Harsh Limbachiya’s wedding.
10. Any fashion tips you would like to give the present young generation out there?
Follow your dream as if you are married to it and you just need good results 🙂