With rising petrol prices and pollution, companies are evolving innovative electric scooters that run on electricity. Electric scooters these days are gaining popularity in India and other countries. Moreover, the introduction of electric scooters can help to reduce petrol expenses. With a single charge, you can ride across your city for the whole day. So, let us know more about the top 8 electric scooter brands in India through this article.
List of 6 Top Electric Scooter Companies in India
1. Revolt – Revolt is another famous electric scooter company in India. It was founded in 2016 by Rajeev Chandrasekhar and his team. They launched their first product called ‘ReVolt’, which was an affordable electric vehicle with a range of 100 km per charge at the cost of Rs 50,000 onwards, depending on features selected by customers.
2. Hero Electric- Hero Electric is one of the largest electric scooter manufacturers in India. The company was founded in 1994 and currently has three manufacturing plants.
3. Bajaj, Electric Scooter Company – Bajaj has been in the electric scooter business for over 40 years. The Bajaj company is one of the oldest and largest electric scooter manufacturers in India. And it has an impressive range of products that includes electric scooters, smart bikes, e-scooters, and city bikes.
4. Ather – Ather is another well-known brand in the Indian electric bike market. And it is a new entrant to the electric scooter market and is making a splash by offering an affordable yet high-quality product. The company has been in operation since 2016, but it’s only recently that they’ve focused on manufacturing quality products.
5. TVS – A leading manufacturer of electric scooters and hoverboards, TVS is known for its quality products and service. The company has a wide range of products to choose from and manufactures other models with gas engines that come at different prices.
6. Okinawa – Okinawa is one of the best electric scooter companies in India. They offer quality electric scooters at affordable prices. Moreover, their electric scooters are durable and have a long life span. The company also offers an off-road version, which can be used on muddy trails or even on unpaved roads.
Top 8 Best Electric Scooters Brands in India
1. Hero Photon HX
Hero is the most popular motorbike brand in India. The company recently started manufacturing electric scooters that are sturdy, affordable and has an innovative design. For safety, the electric scooter features front disc brakes, better speed control, and rear drum brakes. With a single charge, you can travel 85 km. However, it takes five hours to get fully charged.
Features of Hero Electric,
- The top speed offered by the electric scooter is 45km/h. Besides Hero Photon HX, it can easily climb on the slopes and hilly areas.
- It features an anti-slip rear tire which offers firm gripping.
- Moreover, the headlight system allows you to travel at night easily without getting disturbed.
- This scooter is made with high-class aircraft-grade aluminum, which is why this scooter is lightweight. In addition, the scooter comes with a five-year warranty.
2. Bajaj Chetak
Baja Chetak is an innovative scooter that the company has manufactured. The entire frame of the scooter is made of stainless steel and has a large wheel; making it a perfect vehicle to travel in terrain. Hence, it is one of the oldest yet new Best electric scooter brands in India.
Bajaj Electric scooter features,
- A powerful 500W motor that provides an excellent speed of 78km/h.
- And a 4kw lithium-ion battery that delivers remarkable performance and allows you to travel 95km/h in one single charge.
- Moreover, you can also adjust the scooter’s seat according to your height.
3. Ather 450/450X
Ather is a new electric scooter brand in the marketplace that offers an effective electric scooter. Hero Group is the owner of the company. The brand is well known for designing e-bikes, e-scooters, and e-cargo bikes. This company recently launched electric scooters, the Ather 450 and Ather 450X.
Features of Ather 450 electric scooter,
- The scooters deliver high performance and ensure a top speed of 80km/h.
- Ather e-scooter can travel around 116km with one single charge.
- It comes with disc brakes and four different-speed gearboxes.
- If you live in a high-traffic zone, these e-scooter models are worth having. You can use this scooter to roam around your city.
4. TVS iQube Electric Scooter
The TVS iQube electric scooter is a teenager’s favorite. It has a stylish design and is extremely compact. It charges quickly and features a fitted LED headlight, allowing you to travel at night safely.
Features of TVSiQube E-scooter,
- A lightweight scooter only weighs around 118kg, so it will be easier for you to carry around and ride over it.
- e-scooter features a powerful 4.4kw motor which delivers the speed of 75km/h with one single charge.
- It is suitable for traveling in your cities and covering small distances.
5. Okinawa iPraise
Okinawa iPraise is another popular and best e-scooter brand in India. This heavy-duty base e-scooter is fitted with a powerful 400W motor. The scooter can catch a speed of 75k/h. Its innovative 3.3kw battery can get fully charged within three hours.
The single charge is sufficient enough to travel 160 km. Moreover, it features front and rear disc brakes, ensuring better control while riding on it. As a result, the e-scooter is ideal for roaming around the highway and in town. You can even travel on terrains.
6. Pure EV Epluto 7G
This royal-looking e-scooter is perfect for teenagers and adults who travel a lot in their cities. It comes in a classic color and features a powerful engine that allows you to get the desired speed. However, the topmost speed achieved by this scooter is around 60km/h.
This e-scooter is ideal for short commutes where the speed doesn’t matter. Moreover, you can expect a continuous ride for 40 minutes in one single charge. The 2.5This is because the battery can get charged within a few hours. Apart from this, it comes with a bright LED headlight, making it perfect for traveling at night. Though it doesn’t offer long-running hours, it would be great for city travel and covering small distances.
Suggestive Read: List of Top Gear Cycles in India
7. Ola S1
In addition to offering ride-sharing services, Ola is a well-known electric scooter producer in India. In July 2021, Ola unveiled its new S1, its first electric scooter. This electric scooter is propelled by a rechargeable battery and has a range of up to 181 kilometers. It charMoreover, it’s completely again in about two hours.
The S1 can fit in the backseat of a big automobile because it is small. It’s the ideal electric scooter for folks who wish to travel about the city or get onto campuses because it has a speed restriction of 90 km/h. The model is best suited to travel in your cities and nearby places.
8. Ultraviolette F77
Powerful and well-performing, the Ultraviolette F77 Electrical Scooter is the best e-scooter. In addition, the electric motor’s quiet operation is safe to use on roads and highways.
Features of Ultravioletter F77 Electrical Scooter,
- This electric scooter has a twist-throttle position for simple propulsion
- An overcharged prevention mechanism that guards against battery degradation if you forget to switch the scooter off after it has finished charging.
- High-powered LED lights are also included on the F77, so you may securely ride the scooter at night.
Electric scooters are the best to have to save petrol and show your contribution to the environment. Now, you’ve got the best electric scooter that you can choose to buy. Some popular brands are Bajaj and Hero, which also offer electric scooters, whereas some of the listed electric scooter brands in India are new in the market. So, you can easily decide based on the reviews which electric scooter is ideal to buy.