Gujarat is a state located in the western part of India. Gujarat is home to a rich history, culture, natural beauty, fascinating landscapes, and heritage. This state attracts many tourists for its historical sites, beaches, hills, wildlife sanctuaries, scrumptious food, and vibrant festivals. Gujarat is popularly known as the Land Of Legends. If you are a foodie then Gujarat will be a perfect match for you. khandvi, muthiya, lilva kachori, and fafda-jalebi is famous food that you must try in Gujarat. This state is also famous for its handicrafts, including bandhani work, zari work, leather products, pottery crafts, and more. The most famous festivals celebrated grandly here are Navratri and Uttarayan. The best way to book your tickets is by using Booking.com coupons, as you will get cashback and offers as well.
The famous metropolitan city of Gujarat is Ahmedabad which is famous for its Sabarmati Ashram, Statue of Unity, and its colonial past. Then comes the capital city Gandhinagar which is house many mesmerizing temples and beautiful gardens. A famous place in Gujarat is Kutch which offers a different experience and you can explore the salt desert and Rann of Kutch. Must-visit place in Gujarat is Diu which is a small island. If you are planning a trip to Gujarat then here are the best places to visit in Gujarat. Come on let us check out the places famous places of Gujarat. To get discounts and cashback use PaisaWapas coupons on your bookings.
Best tourist places in Gujarat
- Kutch is known as the White Desert of India. Kutch is one of the famous places in Gujarat that you can visit with your friends and family.
- Kutch is one of the largest districts in India but has a very low population density.
- Do not miss the famous Rann festival which happens during December-February in the white sand desert.
- During the famous festival, there are many camps, entertaining cultural programs, functions, and also some exciting adventure activities take place.
- As Kutch is famous for its crafts and embroidery works, do not forget to buy them.
- Also, visit Flamingo Sanctuary, Wild Ass Sanctuary, a tour of Dhoavira village, Kutch Museum, and Mandvi Beach.
- The best time to visit Kutch is between July to March. You might need 2 to 3 days to explore all the places in Kutch.
- Vadodara is the cosmopolitan city of Gujarat. This is the best place to visit in Gujarat with friends and family.
- Vadodara is popularly known for history fanatics, nature lovers, peace seekers, and architectural enthusiasts. This is also the cultural capital of Gujarat.
- There are many beautiful parks, gardens, amazing temples, shopping markets, and many more.
- The best place to visit in Vadodara is the Lakshmi Vilas Palace, Sayaji Baug, Champaner Pavagadh Archaeological park, Ajwa Nimeta Garden, Baps Sri Swaminarayan Mandir, and Vadodara Museum and Picture Gallery.
- The best time to visit Vadodara October to March. 1 to 2 days is enough to explore the places of Vadodara.
Also Read: Best Places to Visit in Chandigarh
- Somnath which is known as the Town of Lord Moon. The main highlight is Somnath is the home of one of the 12 Jyotirlingas.
- Somnath is known for the mythology, religion, and legends that surround it.
- As Somnath is located near the Arabian Sea, you enjoy the beautiful landscapes with a large number of temples.
- Somnath temple and Somnath beach are the most popular and famous places in Somnath.
- Some of the major attractions are Gita Mandir, Balukha Tirtha, Kamnath Mahadev Temple, Somnath Museum, Pancha Pandav Gufa, Triveni Sangam temple, and Gir National Park.
- September to March is the best time to visit Somnath. 1 to 2 days is enough to explore Somnath.
- One of the rapidly growing metropolitan cities of Gujarat is Ahmedabad located on the banks of the River Sabarmati River.
- Ahmedabad is also known as the ‘Machester of India’ and is home to many industrial hubs and educational institutes.
- This is one of the important cities of Gujarat and the perfect destination for your weekend trip to enjoy the beauty of Ahmedabad.
- It is famous for its magnificent past, culture, delicious foods, classy markets, museums, and many beautiful temples.
- You can experience the old charm of this city which mesmerizes you with the past.
- The main highlight of Ahmedabad is its textiles and its tie-dye bandhani handloom technique. you should definitely buy bandhani sarees, dupattas, embroidered dress materials, and other local handicrafts.
- Some of the popular tourist places of Ahmedabad are Swaminarayan Temple, Sabarmati Ashram, Dada Hari Wav, Statue Of Unity, Rani ki Vav, Kankaria Lake, World Vintage Car Museum, and many more.
- October to March is the best time to visit Ahmedabad. 1 to 2 days are needed to explore famous places of Ahmedabad.
Also Read: Best Places to Visit in November in India(2022)
- Dwaraka is located in the western part of the Saurashtra peninsula in Gujarat and is known as the home of Lord Krishna.
- Dwarka is the place for one of the 12 Jyotirlingas. It is also part of the Char Dham – four principal holy places and also Sapta Puris – seven sacred cities.
- Dwaraka means the door for salvation – Dwara is the door and ka means moksha.
- Dwaraka is filled with temples with beautiful architecture which attracted many tourists from all over the globe.
- The history of Dwaraka is written in the Hindu scriptures to date.
- One of the major tourist attractions and famous places to visit in Gujarat is Dwaraka.
- The temples here have their own historic significance which offers a unique experience.
- The must-visit tourist places in Dwaraka are Dwarkadish temple, Rukmini Devi Temple, Nageshwar Jyotirlinga, Dwarka beach, Beyt Island, Lighthouse, Sudama Setu, and many more.
- The best time to visit Dwarka is July to March. 1 to 2 days is enough to explore Dwaraka.
- Gandhinagar – the capital city of Gujarat and the cultural heart of Gujarat.
- Gandhinagar is such a place that attracts tourists for its fascinating environment, magnificent temples, and cultural heritage.
- Gandhinagar is a must place to visit in Gujarat. The main highlight of this place is the Akshardham Temple which is one of the most beautiful temples in the whole country.
- This city is known as the Tree Capital of India as more than 50% of the land is covered with trees.
- Some of the best tourist places to visit in Gandhinagar are Children’s Park, Sarita Udyan, Adalaj Stepwell, Akshardham Temple, Craftsmen Village, Indroda Dinosaur and Fossil Park, and GIFT Tower.
- October to March is the best time to visit Gandhinagar. 1 to 2 days is enough to explore Gandhinagar.
Suggest to read: 25 Best Places to Visit in the World: Bucket List Travel
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is Gujarat famous for?
- Gujarat is famous for its historical capitals, beaches, and town temples.
2. Which is the famous sweet of Gujarat?
- Sukhdi is the famous sweet of Gujarat.
3. Which is the cleanest city in Gujarat?
- Ahmedabad is the cleanest city in Gujarat.
- Best Visiting Places in Gujarat - November 12, 2022
- 5 Best Visiting Places in Europe - November 11, 2022
- Best Places to Visit in Chandigarh - November 10, 2022