Amazon India has recently launched its own Audio Book service known as ‘Audible.’ It is changing how paid subscriptions work in India and adding more content for free-tier users.
Audiobook services allow you to download books to almost any device, allowing you to listen to your favourite titles whenever and wherever you want. These audiobook services are becoming increasingly popular among people of all ages.
Audiobooks have nearly supplanted novels as the new craze in the world of narration. Whether you are engaged in doing your daily chores, driving to work, or stuck in crowded public transportation, barely able to move your arms, you can always listen to audiobooks and beat boredom. Audiobooks cater to every taste, along with many A-list actors now narrating bestsellers and a slew of classics.
Audible services are available for both Prime and Non-Prime Members. All you have to do is download the Audible app on your Android iOS device. Audible India Subscription claims over 200,000 audiobooks in various categories, languages, and genres. In comparison to the price, Amazon India offers the Audible Subscription service to its Prime Members for Rs 199, which is nearly one-fifth the price charged in the US, which is $14.95.
Non-prime members can take advantage of free Amazon audiobooks for 30 days, whereas Prime members will get 90 days of free audible subscription trial; after that, they will have to pay Rs 199 per month, which can be cancelled at any time.
Why Should You Be an Amazon Audible Prime Member?
The benefits of becoming an amazon audible prime member are as follows:
- One month of free credit, and you can listen to any audiobook for the entire month without worrying about the cost.
- Members will receive 350 minutes of handpicked listening time for free, in addition to the free one-month credit.
- Exclusive members can get a 30% discount on any additional audiobook.
- You own the audiobook in perpetuity, so save it whenever you want, even if you cancel your subscription.
- You can enjoy over 2,00,000 English and Hindi audiobooks.
- If you don’t want the audiobook, you can swap it for free with others.
- Enjoy your free audible subscription whenever you want with online and offline listening, whether you’re in the car, at the gym, or lying or sitting in bed.
Which audiobooks are the most popular in India?
Certain genres are almost always more popular than others regarding movies, music, podcasts, and in this case, audiobooks. Self-development and mythological books, according to research, are doing very well with a large demographic of Audible users in India. Surprisingly, escapist fiction has also done exceptionally well with paid subscribers. ‘The Sandman’, written by Neil Gaiman and ”Dirk Maggs for DC, has been a huge success. Some of the most popular audiobooks are ‘Last Girl to Fall in Love” and The Last Boy to Fall in Love’ by Durjoy Dutta, both of which have Hindi audiobook versions.
How to Get 30 & 90 Days of Free Amazon Audible Subscriptions?
To obtain the free audible subscription, follow the steps outlined below.
- Sign in to your Amazon India account.
- Open the link mentioned below in the Amazon India App’s default browser. Moving downward, you can select the Start Your Free Trials Now option.
- Prime members will automatically have the option of a 90-day free trial, while non-prime members will only have a 30-day free trial.
- Continue by using a Domestic Credit Card OR an ICICI, CITI, or Kotak Bank Debit Card to pay Rs 0.
- Once you’ve completed the payment, you can cancel your membership before the trial period expires.
- You can now use your free Amazon Audible membership to listen to any audiobook in any language whenever you want!
How to Get a Free Audible Membership for 4 Months Using Amazon Prime Day Deals?
As an Amazon Prime member, you can now get a free four-month subscription to Audible. This is possible with Amazon Prime Day Offers. This offer entitles you to a four-month subscription to Audible for the low price of Rs 2. However, keep in mind that this offer is only valid once.
How to cancel your Amazon Audible subscription?
To cancel your Audible membership, follow the steps outlined below:
- You can access your account through the Audible desktop site. Remember that cancellation is not possible with an Audible phone or tablet app.
- Now, beside your name, select the Account details drop-down menu.
- At the extreme bottom of the “View membership details” section, click Cancel membership.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. Audible will contact you to inquire about the reasons for the cancellation. Kindly provide the requested information.
- Once the cancellation process has been completed, an automated email will be sent to you as proof that your plan has been changed.
The Best Free Audible Books for Everyone
The following are some of the best free audiobooks that you can listen to while doing your daily chores. Prime members can easily download and save the audiobooks to their Audible libraries. You will also find a list of various free Audiobooks to read in various categories and languages.
Here are some of the best audible books available:
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind – Yuval Noah Harari.
- Thinking, Fast and Slow – Daniel Kahneman.
- Becoming – Michelle Obama.
- Shuggie Bain – Douglas Stuart.
- Ikigai – Héctor García, Francesc Miralles.
- Atomic Habits – James Clear.
- The Psychology of Money – Morgan Housel.
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck – Mark Manson.
Join audible today to gain new insights and tick off the to-read lists you’ve wanted to fulfill forever! Audible makes it super convenient and easy!