Singapore tourist visa from India: A sovereign island nation and city-state in maritime Southeast Asia, Singapore is formally known as the Republic of Singapore. It lies 137 kilometers (85 miles) north of the equator, at the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, bounded by the Strait of Malacca to the west, the Singapore Strait to the south, and southern China to the East. Go to the sea, facing the Strait of Johor to the north. It has the third highest population density in the world. Singapore is well-known for being a hub of international finance, one of the world’s most populated cities, home to a top-notch city airport with a waterfall, and for having a Botanic Garden that is considered a World Heritage Site.
Why is Singapore famous for tourism?
A visit to Singapore is a journey into a land of culinary wonders and architectural marvels, where malls that are eco-friendly and surrounded by lush vegetation cohabit in harmony. Friends, families, and lovers gather here to reconnect with one another in a spirit that cuts across cultural boundaries, and new experiences are created every day. There are only three remaining city-states on the globe, and one of them is Singapore. Monaco and Vatican City round out the other two. Sentosa Island, Gardens by the Bay, Universal Studios, and Night Safari are just a few of the breathtaking tourist destinations that Singapore is proud of. The best place for an exciting family vacation in Singapore. Your child can choose from a wide variety of activities and locations.
Why do Indians prefer Singapore?
It goes without saying that middle-class Indian tourists are a growing source market for Singapore’s trip and activity businesses. The government claims to be actively trying to entice more Indians, but industry insiders may argue that Singapore is actually reaping the rewards of a straightforward location dividend, which is good news given India’s booming economy. A high 1.27 million visitors from India visited Singapore in 2017. Singapore ranks as one of the top three most popular foreign getaways for outbound travelers, according to Euromonitor’s forecast that Indians will spend US$13.9 billion annually on leisure travel abroad by 2020. According to 64% of Indians, the most crucial consideration when choosing a vacation destination is the abundance of family-friendly activities. This makes Singaporean excursions and events like amusement parks and boat ride probable successes. Singapore stands out from its neighboring countries because it is among other countries with a variety of cultures and religions. In addition to the magnificent buildings that make up its iconic skyline, the city-state is home to museums with a variety of collections, vibrant street murals, and public art displays.
Let’s Know about Singapore tourist visa from India
Eligibility for Singapore Visa
You are eligible if:
- You are traveling back to Singapore on a legitimate airline ticket.
- You are authorized to enter the nation with a valid visa or travel document and all prerequisites have been met.
- You possess a passport that is currently valid and will remain so for at least six months after your date of leaving.
- Each payment procedure has been successfully completed.
- Proof of accommodation
Types of Singapore Visa
Tourism and business visas are the two most widely used visas for Singapore. The owners of diplomatic, official, and service passports do not need a visa to visit Singapore, so please keep that in mind if you have a travel document that was issued by Singapore.
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visa
- Transit Visa
You can organize your journey by requesting a tourist visa, which Singaporeans welcome with open arms. This is the most effective method for seeing a place where you have a 30-day visa.
Documents required for Singapore Tourist Visa Application
- Legal passport for six months and two blank pages at least.
- The white backdrop on a passport-sized photo.
- Written by the applicant as a cover note.
- Return air travel passes.
- Visa Application Form
- Invitation note(If visiting family or friends) or hotel reservation as proof.
- A written statement, such as a bank account for the last 6 months, attesting to your ability to pay for your stay in Singapore.
- Travel Insurance(Minimum coverage SGD 30,000)
- Negative RT-PCR test report(48 hours prior to departure), or both times vaccination certificate.
Covid-19 entry requirements for Singapore
- Singapore’s COVID-19 laws are subject to strict guidelines. In public transportation and indoor environments, for instance, masks must be worn.
- To pass boarding and immigration checks, be careful to have the required documentation showing two complete COVID-19 doses. The same regulations that apply to vaccinated travelers apply to children 12 years of age and lower.
- Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Covishield, Janssen, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Covaxin, and Novavax vaccines are accepted.
- To eat out, attend an event with more than 500 people, and access some nightlife establishments in Singapore, you must also have all of the required vaccinations.
- If a traveler is fully immunized and able to produce a vaccination document, they are exempt from presenting a negative PCR or antigen test result. Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated passengers must still present a negative PCR-test result obtained no more than 48 hours prior to departure.
- Only those who have never received a vaccination must spend seven days in a particular location chosen by the Singaporean government, during which time a PCR test may be performed.
How to apply for Singapore Visa
Any authorized agency recognized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is where you can submit an application for a visa to Singapore. If you have the necessary paperwork, including the ones listed below, your visa application will be approved.
- A finished and notarized version of form 14 A
- Possess a passport that is at least six months old and still legitimate
- At least 2 recent passport-sized photos
How to track Singapore Visa Application
You can log in to the website to see the status of your registration. Then select “Entry Visa” from the drop-down option under “Check Status” on the website. The “Status Enquiry” option is available at the very bottom of the page. Fill out the necessary information, then press the next button to review your application.
Singapore Visa Application Process
- Applicants must apply through a licensed visa agent only, as the Singapore High Commission does not take direct applications from individuals. To acquire a Singapore visa online, adhere to the instructions below:
- Give the authorized visa representative all the necessary documentation.
- The immigration agent will deliver the paperwork to the High Commission on your behalf.
- After careful examination and document authentication, processing will take 3 to 5 working days.
- Get an email containing your Singapore visa.
Singapore Visa Validity
The typical duration of a Singapore visa is two years, with numerous entries allowed. One may only remain for 30 days during each visit. Singapore allows stays of up to 30 days, but customs decide how long they can last.
Singapore Visa Processing time
The process of getting a Singapore visa could take up to 5 business days. Weekends and legal holidays are not included in this submission deadline.
Also Read: How to apply for Mauritius Tourist Visa
Each submission will be charged S$30 for the processing of visas.(Rs.2,476.73). When a visa application is made, processing costs are paid. No matter how the registration turns out or if you decide to withdraw it after filing, the processing fee is not refundable.
It is not possible to get a refund for the $30 Singaporean processing charge for visas. In addition to the visa processing fee, authorized visa agents may impose a service fee of Rs. 500. All fees must be made at the time of visa application.
If you are completely immunized and traveling to Singapore, you are not required to purchase travel insurance. If you haven’t received all of your vaccinations, you must purchase travel insurance with a $30,000 health coverage. A minimum $30,000 in coverage for COVID-19-related medical expenses is required for trip insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Indian nationals able to get a Singapore visa at the airport?
Answer- Indian nationals are unable to obtain a Singapore visa upon landing. Indian citizens must have a visa that has already been granted in order to enter the country.
2. What is the duration of an Indian traveler’s visa to Singapore?
Answer- The maximum stay permitted under an Indian citizen’s 2-year Singapore visa is 30 days per journey.
3. How long does the visa procedure take for Singapore?
Answer- The Singapore visa application procedure for Indian citizens can take up to three to five business days. Weekends and federal holidays are not included in the procedure.
4. When applying for a Singapore visa, is a bank statement required?
Answer- You must submit three months’ worth of bank statements in order to complete your Singapore visa.
5. Can Indian citizens obtain an electronic passport for Singapore?
Answer- If you submit with the aid of a valid visa, Indian citizens can obtain an e-visa for Singapore with ease.
6. Who makes the decision regarding whether or not I will be granted a visa?
Answer- Usually within 15 days, the consulate issues a judgment. In specific situations, this time frame may be up to 30 days, and it may even be increased in unusual circumstances to 60 days in order to allow for a thorough review of the application or the need for more supporting evidence.
7. When is the ideal season to visit Singapore?
Answer- Singapore is a popular travel location all year round, but due to its pleasant weather, December to June is the best time to go.
8. For a Singapore visa, how much bank amount is needed?
Answer- Indian citizens must have a minimum of INR 50,000 in their bank accounts to file for a Singapore visa.