India has something special to offer when it comes to luxury champagne. Not only is the country a hotspot for wine, but there are also several options when it comes to brands. From the generic cheapies to the celebrity-endorsed branded stuff, there are many types of champagnes that you can enjoy browsing through in India.
Today we list our top 15 flavor-tasting champagnes and their prices in India for you!
1) Dom Perignon Champagne
Dom Pérignon Champagne is one of the best-known champagne brands. Only chardonnay and pinot noir are available for purchase from their exclusive collection of champagnes. With a tremendously clear and rich sensory experience, it’s a great bottle of alcohol for wine connoisseurs. It has an infusion of saffron and mustard seed, and rainwater to give it a creamy and rich consistency. This wine is specifically for a luxurious experience. As a result of its velvety, rich flavor, it has become a global favorite. Some of the best features include:
- It gives out a strong and rich aroma that lingers in the nose after tasting
- The grapefruit and guava flavors in this champagne work are perfect combinations that work incredibly well.
- This wine is suitable for use all year round
- The champagne price India is around Rs. 17,000. (Approx)
The Alan Terrier area of France is where Laurent Perrier Champagne originates from for wine lovers. Monsieur Laurent invented and formulated this renowned Champagne in 1812, and it has been around ever since. Delicious red fruit aromas and flavors abound in this sparkling Champagne. A bottle of great Champagne, in the opinion of connoisseurs, has a powerful and complex aroma that enlivens the mind, body, and spirit. It is one of the top 10 Champagne brands to buy in India in 2022. Some of the best features include:
- People love the strong and intense scent of red fruits
- Freshness and newness abound in this product, making it perfect for champagne lovers
- The champagne bottle price is around 4,000 rupees (Approx)
3) Krug Grande Champagne
One of the most popular champagne brands in India is Krug. It’s one of the oldest brands, and it still utilizes the traditional process of aging Champagne in oak barrels. In 1843, King Johann Josep of Sweden created it. The unique nuttiness and honey-sweetness mingle in perfect harmony to create the perfect Champagne for people. 47 different vintage tastes represents in this blend, matured for 5-7 years. Honey and almonds take center stage in the flavor profile with a little acidity. Some of the best features include:
- It has a great flavor combo.
- The flavor has stayed stable for decades because of the traditional wood preservation technique.
- Wines from 10 different vintages blend in to create this unique concoction.
- Your tongue will get the most flavor out of this one.
- The champagne price is 6,000 rupees (Approx.)
4) Louis Roederer
Wines such as Chardonnay and Pinot Noir take center stage in Louis Roederer’s Champagne. 40% Pinot Noir and 20% to 25% Chardonnay make up the Champagne. Manufactured from grapes, this Champagne is 66% cultivated and 33% acquired from France’s greatest organic food shops and it is one of the best champagne brands. Organic apples and citrus have a somewhat acidic flavor. The bubbly Champagne has a fruity aroma and a velvety texture. Some of the best features include:
- All of the Champagne’s components are evident in a mineral texture
- In terms of non-Brut Champagne, this is one of the best options out there
- The champagne price Delhi of a bottle of bubbly Champagne is at Rs. 20,000 (Approx.)
5) Dom Perignon Dom Ruinart’s Champagne
Dom Ruinart is rich in so many essential minerals and salts. In combination with the acidic citrus flavors that give it a lively and zesty flavor, this gives it a more intense flavor. The best grapes from around the globe blended to create this drink. Your tongue and nose will savor in notes of coconut, toasty chestnuts, and bread when you sip this Champagne. After a few seconds on your tongue, the Champagne’s flavor and scent transition into those of flowers and citrus fruits. One of the best-known champagne producers is Dom Ruinart. Some of the best features are:
- It has a salty taste from the minerals and salts in it.
- In terms of age, it is among the oldest champagnes on the market
- It has a flowery aroma that is quite appealing.
- The shampain drink price in India is Rs 5,000 (Approx.)
6) Besserat Cuvée Des Moines Champagne
Besserat Champagne originates by pulverizing and pressing the juice of different citrus and other fruits. It is one of the best champagne in India! Champagne is a delicious, smooth, and sparkling beverage that has through a long bubbling process. Methods for refining wine are what we refer to as viticulture. Flavors such as blackcurrant, smoke-dried almonds, and chalk remain on the tongue, as do sweetened lemon strips and other candy varieties. The Champagne pours a beautiful yellow color and has a citrus flavor and fragrance to complement its color. Some of the best features are:
- The rich aroma and taste lingers on the tongue after consumption
- Here, there exists no malolactic fermentation
- It has a pleasant acidity that refreshes the palate
- Rs. 9,000 is the price (Approx.)
7) Ayala Champagne
Taste buds and throats alike will delight by the Ayala Champagne’s wonderful aroma and flavor. White and red apples of the finest quality blend in to make this dessert. It is low in sugar. Because of this, it is more pleasant to the palate. Using 40 percent Chardonnay, 40 percent Pinot Noir and 20 percent Pinot Meunier, the champagne alcohol is crisp but not dry. Ayala is a well-regarded champagne brand in India. Some of the best features include:
- These flavors are present in this wine: citrus, green apple, and a hint of plum
- There has been a decrease in the dose level thanks to the cellar master
- The price is Rs. 5,500 for the whole package (Approx.)
8) Chandon Brut
Mot & Chandon Brut is the greatest champagne brand in India. Chandon Brut has an orange-pink hue. Chandon Brut’s smells of apple, strawberry, grape, and orange and a solid flavor note with mild shimmering make this wine one of the best on the market. With a touch of vanilla and a wide range of fruits, Champagne has a complex flavor. Some of the best features include:
- This wine is made from Chardonnay, Chenin Blanc, and Pinot Noir blends.
- It has notes of vanilla and tropical fruits.
- Brut, Rose’, and Delice’ are three of the Chandon wines made in India.
- The champagne price in Mumbai is Rs 5,000. (Approx.)
9) Pol Roger Champagne
This Champagne, a favorite of Sir Winston Churchill, is known for its delicate flavor. To be included in the most famous vintage collections, champagne aging is an art form. Grapes from the Epernay region of France give it a little bitterness. Aside from that, it is highly regarded by connoisseurs for its fruity, feminine flavor, which becomes more pronounced with age. It’s a delightfully sweet and earthy sparkling wine. Some of the best features are:
- Harmony and balance are the goals of this specially blended Champagne
- Known for feminine and fruity flavors with a touch of astringency
- The price is Rs. 3,500. (Approx.)
10) Pierre Taittinger
The 60 percent Chardonnay and 40 percent Pinot Noir vineyards used in the Pierre Taittinger give the Champagne a husky mouthfeel. It was first established in 1932 and is still going strong today. The Taittinger vineyard has produced some of the best wines in the world. The bubbly has a refreshing, clean taste. Pierre Taittinger, the owner, is the inspiration for this Champagne. Some of the best features include:
- It takes a long time to harvest
- Husky-sounding material is the result of its design
- The price is Rs. 6,000 (approx)
11) Duval Leroy Champagne
Combined with the delicate acidity that travels through the mouth, Duval Leroy champagne provides intense feelings. The smoky notes of blueberry, honey, and toasted almonds further enhance the already delicious dish. Using Chardonnay grapes grown in Vertus vineyards, this Champagne has a unique and refined flavor. Some of the best features include:
- Mineral and citrus aromas fill the air in this Champagne
- Because of their strong acidity, these champagnes pair particularly well with seafood, fish, and white meat
- Rs. 5000 is the price. (Approx)
12) Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs Premium Champagne
The “Old is Gold” tagline of this champagne brand is well-known all over the globe. An excellent sparkling wine with a brilliant golden hue, Dom Ruinart Champagne has been gratifying people’s thirsts since 1729. This Champagne is reserved for those who can afford it, unlike the traditional Dom Ruinart. As the wine progresses, the coconut, chestnut, and fresh bread flavors will give way to flowery and citrus natural fruit fragrances, with a long-lasting impression of minerality and iodization. Some of the best features include:
- The aftertaste is citrusy and smooth, with a delightful acidity that lingers in the mouth
- Chardonnay is the predominant grape in Dom Ruinart Champagne, which has been aged for at least 72 months before release
- In the world of Champagne, there is none more distinguished or refined than this
- Floral tones and rich smells are enhanced by the use of a clean, mineral backdrop
- Rs. 11,500 is the price (approx.)
13) Palms D’Or
Beautifully crafted, the Champagne Palmes D’Or is a true piece of art in the beverage world. Unpretentious style and creaminess are complimented by finely delicate fragrances, note upon note, in this cuvée. It’s a glass of Champagne for individuals who want the finest of everything in life. You can find fine honey, beeswax, dried fruits, tropical fruits, and a faint toast note in Palmes d’Or Brut 2006. Some of the best features include:
- In terms of scent, it’s full-bodied and toasty.
- Deep spices and a well-balanced acidity are found in this Champagne
- Pork, beef, veal, and shellfish are all excellent pairings for this wine
- The price is around Rs. 16,000. (approx)
14) Cordon Rouge Brut (G.H. Mumm) Champagne
Mumm Cordon Rouge is the house signature champagne of Maison Mumm. This Champagne, which has a somewhat crunchy texture, is full of white peach, grated ginger, clover honey, and candied lemon zest. Around 100 different crus are combined to create a delicious, chalky flavor. The extended aging procedure imparts flavors like vanilla, toasted almonds, and a touch of toast. Some of the features include:
- Pear and red apple flavors are prominent in this wine, which has a lot of depth.
- Fruity & Refreshing Sparkling Wine
- It has a delicate texture and a pleasant acidity towards the end, with traces of almonds.
- The price is Rs. 3500 (approx)
15) Ponsardin Brut Veuve Clicquot
Indians are familiar with Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin champagne, and it is gaining exponential popularity. Only a few stores and restaurants carry this brand. This Champagne’s rich and racy flavors include dates, apples, poached pears, hay bales, and bread dough. It is one of the best champagne available in India with price that is amazing and reasonable! Crab legs, seafood, or lobster dishes are a great accompaniment to this Champagne. Some of the best features include:
- It is champagne with a mild sparkle in a light pink color.
- Veuve Clicquot’s fruity aromas include berries, apples, and citrus fruit. For a romantic dinner, this is the best option.
- The price tag is Rs. 5,000. (approx)
The wine market in India is booming as it’s becoming more accessible to the masses. There are many brands that offer something for your taste buds and budget and we have compiled the top 10 champagne brands in India with prices for your benefit!