Indian Travel Cards designed specifically with frequent travelers’ requirements in mind are known as travel credit cards. These credit cards not only make the cardholder’s travel experience easier and more comfortable by providing perks like free access to airport lounges, round-the-clock concierge service, and insurance benefits, but they also typically offer a higher reward rates on travel-related purchases like flight and hotel bookings. Numerous credit cards for travel offer rewards in the form of AirMiles that may be exchanged for airline tickets, free flights, or upgraded seating with partner airlines. There are many best travel credit cards in India, that’s why this article will help you narrow down the travel credit card according to your needs.
Here are the best Travel Credit Cards with its cost:
|1.||Indigo HDFC Bank Credit Card||
Joining Fee- Rs 1500 (plus applicable taxes)
Renewal Fee- 6E Rewards- 5% on IndiGo, 3% on dining, grocery, and entertainment, and 2% for every other transaction
|2.||Axis Bank Vistara Infinite Credit Card||
Joining Fee- Rs 10,000 (plus applicable taxes)
Renewal Fee- 6 CV (Club Vistara) Points per Rs. 200 you spend
|3||Air India SBI Signature Travel Credit Card||
Joining Fee- Rs 4.999 (plus applicable taxes)
Renewal Fee- 30 RP for every Rs. 100 spent on tickets you book for yourself
10 RPs for every Rs. 100 spent on tickets booked for others through the official site
10 RPs for every Rs. 100 spent on tickets booked for self and others through the official site or call center.
|4||Etihad Guest SBI Credit Card||
Joining Fee- Rs 4.999 (plus applicable taxes)
Renewal Fee- 6 Etihad Guest Miles per Rs. 100 you spend on the official site
4 Etihad Guest Miles on every Rs. 100 you spend on international purchases
2 Etihad Guest Miles for other expenses excluding fuel purchases. A maximum of 40,000 Miles per year can be earned.
|5||HDFC Bank RuPay IRCTC Credit Card||
Joining Fee- Rs 499
Renewal Fee- 1 Cash Point for all retail spending of Rs. 100
5x Cash Points on IRCTC bookings.
For you to make the best decision among the best credit cards in India for travel, below are more details including the best travel credit card rewards:
1. Indigo HDFC – Best Bank Travel Credit Card
In partnership with Indigo Airlines, HDFC Bank created this co-branded travel credit card. Those who frequently fly domestically should use the card as it is the best credit card for flight booking. There are two variations of the 6E Rewards XL Credit Card: a free version with no membership cost and a premium version with a 2,500 rupee membership fee.
For domestic frequent flyers in particular, the card offers a variety of travel rewards like;
- You can use the card to collect reward points known as IndiGo 6E Rewards, which you can then redeem for benefits such as booking Go IndiGo tickets on the IndiGo 6E Rewards platform.
- If you make at least three purchases during the first three months of card setup, you will receive a free IndiGo flight ticket and an IndiGo Prime Add-on as welcome gifts. Only the card with a payment option is eligible for these welcome advantages.
- The holders of IndiGo 6E Rewards XL cards are also eligible for 8 complimentary lounge visits per year (up to 2 per quarter) at domestic airports all around India.
Go IndiGo is the largest domestic airline in the nation, so people who frequently travel domestically may find this credit card to be a pretty attractive option.
2. Axis Bank Vistara Infinite – Travel Credit Card
It is the most prestigious travel credit card offered by Axis Bank in association with Air Vistara. By using the Vistara Infinite credit card for all purchases, you can accrue Vistara Club login Points, which can then be redeemed for Vistara air travel, class upgrades, award flights, and other Air Vistara services on the Air Vistara website. To answer your dilemma about which credit card offers the best travel insurance, this card is your answer.
With the Vistara Infinite card, in addition to CV Points, you also receive the following credit card offers on flight booking;
- Club Vistara Gold Membership and a welcome gift of one free business class ticket (plus additional free business class tickets each year the card membership is renewed).
- When the required spending milestones are reached, bonus CV Points or free business class tickets are awarded.
- Benefits from travel insurance include personal air accident coverage (worth Rs. 2.5 crores) applicable in the event of a fatality, purchase insurance worth Rs. 1 lakh, USD 300 coverage for lost travel documents or delayed check-in luggage, and USD 500 coverage for lost check-in luggage.
- In India, a few domestic airports offer two complimentary lounge passes per quarter.
4. Air India SBI Signature Credit Card
Air India SBI Signature Credit Card and Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card are two co-branded cards that SBI Card offers in association with Air India. More expensive than the latter is the Signature card. With an annual charge of Rs. 4,999, the Air India SBI Signature Credit Card is a great option for travelers, especially those who fly with Air India. It is one of the best frequent flyer credit cards.
Here are a few of the key characteristics of the Air India SBI Signature Credit Card:
- Membership in the Flying Returns frequent flyer program, which is provided free of charge.
- RPts for booking flights with Air India were accelerated.
- Best credit card for travel points as it can be converted to Air India AirMiles.
- In India, there are 8 lounge visits that are free of charge every year (a maximum of 2 per quarter).
This travel ticket booking credit card is the ideal option if you want a credit card that gives a high reward rate on Air India reservations. The Air India SBI Platinum Credit Card, which has a lower premium, is an additional choice worth considering for frequent fliers of Air India.
5. Etihad Guest SBI Credit Card
The SBI Cards and Etihad Airways partnership has produced yet another co-branded travel card. This card is a middle-of-the-road offering from SBI Cards, as opposed to the premium Etihad Guest SBI Premier Card, which is a travel-related card. It is also one of the best airline credit cards.
The following are the travel advantages that come with this credit:
- Free Etihad Silver Tier Status and 2,500 free Etihad Guest Miles as a welcome bonus.
- You receive rewards in the form of expedited Etihad Guest Miles on Etihad.com, worldwide spending, and all other categories using the card.
- Save money when booking business and economy class flights on Etihad, as well as when redeeming your guest miles.
- 8 free domestic airport lounge visits per year (up to 2 per quarter), as well as a free Priority Pass subscription worth $99 per year.
- Benefits from travel insurance, including a personal air accident policy worth Rs. 25 lakhs and a luggage insurance policy for USD $1,000.
6. HDFC Bank RuPay IRCTC Credit Card
An inexpensive annual cost of Rs. 499 plus any relevant taxes are charged for the IRCTC HDFC Bank RuPay Credit Card, a freshly released travel credit card. You can earn up to 5 Cash Points for every Rs. 100 you spend with the card, which are rewards that take the shape of cash.
Some of the most important characteristics of this card are the following:
- 500 worth of Amazon gift cards as a welcome bonus making it among the best credit card bonus offer.
- For every Rs. 100 spent in retail, you will get 1 Cash Point.
- Spending with IRCTC earns 5x Cash Points.
- Four times a year, there is no charge for using the train lounge.
- Waiver of the renewal charge is dependent on spending.
You must first have a thorough understanding of your travel needs in order to locate the best travel credit cards for you as getting a travel credit card is worth it. If you travel frequently, you should choose premium travel credit cards despite their higher fees because, when utilized properly, you can save even more money with these cards. The basic travel cards, on the other hand, come with reduced fees and offer 2-4 gratis lounge access monthly, so if you only travel once or twice a year, you may want to consider them. Understanding whether to choose co-branded or non-co-branded cards is another important consideration. If you frequently fly with a certain airline, you can use a co-branded credit card that is issued by that airline. This article covers the best current travel credit card offers.