As the monsoon ends and Autumn starts, December is the best month to travel and explore some good places with a cool breeze, clear skies, and pleasant weather. There are many festivals celebrated in different parts of the country, there are some best tourist places in India in December to visit. Throughout December, you can see the mesmerizing view of birds flying all over the sky. Try PaisaWapas coupons to get cool offers and cashback. Check down the best places to visit in December in India.
We know that India is home to many beautiful landscapes, beaches, snow-capped mountains, historical places, ancient towns, deserts, wildlife, and adventure activities. There are some really good December holiday destinations in India that you can visit with your family. Are you a person who loves to travel more, but want to lower your expenses for all your bookings? Then you MakeMy Trip coupons on all your bookings as there are good discounts and cashback offers. Know the traveling places in India below.
Places to visit in December in India
1. Jaisalmer – Rajasthan
- Jaisalmer which is located in the northwest part of Rajasthan is the best place to visit in December.
- It is known as Golden City for its golden dunes and castles clad in golden honey sandstone.
- This city is completely filled with beautiful lagoons, ornamental Jain places of worship, and lavish Havelis.
- You can witness the perfect desert culture in this city.
- best places to visit in India winter
- Some of the popular tourist places you must visit in Jaisalmer are Jaisalmer Fort, the national park, ancient Kuldhara Village, surreal Gadisar Lake, rustic Sam Sand Dunes, artistic Tazia Tower, and Badal Palace.
- Jaislamer gives a unique experience and definitely the perfect place to visit in December.
2. Manali – Himachal Pradesh
- Manali – one of the popular hill stations located in Himachal Pradesh, is known as India’s Honeymoon capital of India.
- Manali is also covered with snow-capped mountains, lush greenery, and beautiful landscapes. This is the best place to visit in India during December.
- tourist places in India for winter
- There are many trekking spots, where you can enjoy some adventure activities like paragliding, camping, trekking, and river rafting.
- There are many cafes with good ambiance, homestays, and also resorts with good facilities and services.
- Some of the best tourist places to visit in Manali are Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass, and Solang valley.
Also read: Places to visit in Manali
3. Hampi – Karnataka
- Hampi, the treasured gem of Karnataka is famous for its ruins, magnificent landscapes, history, and serenity.
- Hampi is one of the UNESCO world heritage sites and the best place to visit in December in India.
- There are more than 500 historical monuments and ancient temples with fascinating architecture.
- When you visit Hampi, do not miss the famous festival Hampi Festival also known as Vijaya Festival held for three days in the first week of November.
- winter tour places in India as it is the places to visit in India in winter
- The best tourist places to visit in Hampi are Virupaksha temple, Archeological Museum, Vijaya Vittala Temple, Hanuman Temple, Queen’s Bath, Royal Enclosure, Hampi Bazaar, Underground Temple, Sasivekalu Ganesha, and Hemakuta Hill Temples.
4. Goa- tourist place in India for winter
- Goa is the smallest state in India and is famous for beaches, late-night parties, crazy nights, and also beautiful sunsets.
- If you are looking for some excitement and chill then Goa is the best place to visit in India in December.
- There are many international tourists visiting Goa every year.
- places to visit in India in winter
- The best part of Goa is the delicious seafood, nightlife, and also some world-heritage site architecture.
- There are endless beaches, cafes with beautiful ambiance, trendy bars, lively clubs, and splendid casinos.
- Some of the popular tourist places that you should visit in Goa are Calangute beach, Baga beach, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Our Lady of Immaculate Conception, Se Cathedral, Goa State Museum, Church of St. Francis of Assisi, Aguada Fort, and Panaji Market.
5. Coorg – best places to visit in winter in india
- Coorg which is located in Karnataka is known as Scotland Of India, it is the best place to visit in December in India.
- Coorg is popular for its coffee plantation. Imagine waking up to the smell of coffee, enjoying a cup of coffee with mesmerizing view of misty mountains.
- Coorg is a hill station of Karnataka which is known for its misty mountains, fascinating landscapes, lush greenery hills, breathtaking landscapes, and astonishing waterfalls.
- best place to visit in india in winter
- You must visit the popular tourist places Namdroling Monastery, Dubare Elephant Camp, Abbi Falls, Iruppu Falls, Mandalpatti, Brahmagiri peak, Raja’s Seat, Nagarhole Park, and Mallalli Falls.
6. Varkala – Kerala
- Varkala is located in the southern part of Kerala and is also a hidden treasure of Kerala. Without a doubt, Varkala is the best place to visit in India in December.
- Varkala is known for its beaches, lakes, forts, fisheries, and amazing cliffs.
- Indian tourist places in winter- best place to visit in India in winter
- Varkala is also famous for Jardana Swami Temple, also known as Dakshin Kashi.
- It is also the best place for shopping. You can buy some good oxidized silver jewelry and harem pants made of cotton.
- Some of the famous places of Varkala are Varkala Beach, Sivagiri Mutt, Thiruvambadi Beach, Janardhana Swamy Temple, Vishnu Temple, and Anjengo Fort.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the best hill station to visit in December?
- Shimla, Coorg, Darjeeling, and Mount Abu are some of the best hill stations to visit in December
2. Is December a good time to visit Kerala?
- Yes, definitely November is the best time you can visit Kerala as it offers mesmerizing views and the best experience.
3. Where is the snow in November in India?
- It snows in Jammu and Kashmir during November in India.