Our teeth are our essential tools. Why? As it is the first part of our body to make sure we consume our food properly. Keeping them healthy and shining is an important task. Our teeth are not just involved in chewing food; they even carry the beautiful smiles of every human being on earth. Keeping teeth clean by brushing twice a day is healthier and helps to keep bad breath away. And with a healthy tooth, you can put on a beautiful smile to start every morning fresh.
To keep teeth healthy you need to brush them daily. So which is the best toothpaste for sensitive teeth in India that can be used to keep them white and strong? And which are the top Indian toothpaste brands that can help? Let us learn about it in this article.
Properties a Best toothpaste in India most contain for healthy teeth
When you buy a toothpaste look for these main important properties i.e., important chemical essentials the best toothpaste must have,
Fluoride is one of the main ingredients that should be in toothpaste. Because it helps to fight against the cavity. And the two common fluorides you can find in the best toothpaste are sodium fluoride and stannous fluoride.
- Calcium carbonate or hydrogen peroxide
Calcium carbonate and hydrogen peroxide in toothpaste help to remove stains and get rid of yellowish teeth. And make sure your toothpaste doesn’t contain more than 0.1 – 0.3% of these chemicals because above this percentage they can damage your teeth enamel.
- Potassium nitrate
Potassium nitrate in toothpaste helps to reduce tooth sensitivity and gum bleeding.
- Zinc Citrate
Zinc citrate helps you to get rid of plaque or the bacteria in the teeth.
What your toothpaste shouldn’t carry,
- Activated Charcoal – Activated charcoal may help in teeth whitening but it damages your teeth’ enamel and too much of it in your toothpaste is very harmful to your gum they can get weak.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate – Toothpaste does contain some amount of sodium lauryl sulfate in them for creating a foamy texture but a little more of it can cause redness, swelling, and skin issues inside the mouth.
List of the Top 10 Toothpaste Brands in India
Top 10 Best toothpaste brands list and best toothpaste companies in India,
1. Colgate toothpaste
The toothpaste Colgate was named after the founder William Colgate and was introduced by the United States in 1873. In 1937 Colgate was founded in India by the parent organization Colgate-Palmolive. And Colgate holds the position of No.1 toothpaste brand in India. And it still tends to be the best toothpaste in India 2022.
Benefits of using the Colgate toothpaste:
- It helps to fight against plaque
- Gives good protection from cavities and
- It produces lasting freshness and reduces bad breath
- Helps improve teeth enamel and makes gums stronger
Colgate toothpaste price and products :
Below are the best-selling Colgate products in India,
- Colgate toothbrush – Rs.18 – 3,359/-
- The Colgate toothpowder – Rs.55-105/-
- Colgate Vedshakthi oil – Rs.168-350/-
- And the leading Colgate toothpaste – Rs. 25-2,143/-
Note: The toothpaste price may vary in Real-time with the market price.
For the past three centuries, pepsodent is been one of the best toothpaste in India. It was bought by the leading company named Unilever situated in the United States, Canada. Pepsodent was the first toothpaste brand made in India with the key feature of anti-germ formula to give external germ protection.
Benefits of using Pepsodent toothpaste:
- Helps to clean the enamel surface of your teeth and removes plaque
- Keeps the gums strong and fights against bacteria
- With germ-protection, it does interdental cure and removes bad breath and bacteria
Best products of Pepsodent:
- Pepsodent toothpaste Pepsodent germi – check + cavity protection and pepsodent excellent gum care protection
- And the Pepsodent toothbrush
Close up is a toothpaste launched by Unilever company in 1967. That came to India as the first gel toothpaste in 1980. The toothpaste is marked by Hindustan Unilever as the everlasting freshness gel. With the ability, to give a better experience close-up comes under the list of top 5 toothpaste brands in India.
Benefits of using Close-up toothpaste:
- It gives mouth freshness
- Prevents cavity-causing bacteria
- Strengthens your teeth and prevents tooth decay
- Whitens your teeth and helps to fight the yellow tooth
Best Products of Close-up:
- Closeup Toothpaste
- Closeup mouthwash/ mouth freshener
Sensodyne is made by the company GSK a Global Healthcare Company located in New Delhi, India. Dentists recommend this toothpaste for sensitive teeth as it helps in the protection of teeth sensitivity. Sensodyne is the best toothpaste for sensitive teeth in India.
Benefits of using Sensodyne toothpaste:
- The toothpaste contains the tooth protection agent fluoride
- Reduces redness and tooth sensitivity
- Fights against the sensitive gums and gives relief
- And helps to control bad breath
Best products of Sensodyne:
- Sensodyne Toothpaste
- Sensodyne sensitive tooth protection toothbrush
Sensora is a toothpaste exported by one of the leading manufacturers called in India known as Indiamart. This toothpaste contains ayurvedic herbals and is sold at a price of 72rupees. Sensora is a highly recommended toothpaste product from dentists for teeth sensitivity.
Benefits of Using Sensora toothpaste:
- Reduces teeth sensitivity to hot or cold food items.
- Daily protection against cavity-causing germs
- Herbal ingredients will help to freshen your mouth
6. Meswak toothpaste
Meswak toothpaste also called the miswak was introduced by Balsara Hygiene in 1998. And owned by the leading manufacturing company Dabur. It stands among the top best toothpaste brands in India and has completed 24 years as a consumer good.
Benefits of using Meswak toothpaste:
- With its antibacterial property, it keeps away germs
- And it helps to reduce tooth decay
- Contains oral hygienic essential oils to prevent infections and sensitivity
7. Dabur RedPaste
Dabur RedPaste is one of the old consumer goods products of India, founded in 1884. This toothpaste is manufactured by Dabur India Private limited and is named to be one of the top toothpaste brands in India. The toothpaste has a blend of traditional Indian medicine and pharmaceutical essences of the new era.
Benefits of using Dabur RedPaste:
- The clove oil in the toothpaste helps to fight against germs
- The herbals used in it will reduce teeth sensitivity and pains
- It prevents gum problems and gives strong enamel
Best products of Dabur:
- The Dabur Red toothpaste
- Honey and Dabur Almond Hair oil
- And the Dabur Chaywanprash
8. Patanjali Dant Kanti
Patanjali Dant Kanti toothpaste was introduced by Balakrishna Ramdev in 2006. It is one of the leading ayurvedic toothpaste brands in India real-time. The toothpaste contains all ayurvedic herbs and essential oils to keep the tooth strong.
Benefits of Patanjali Dant Kanti toothpaste:
- Prevents cavities and tooth decay
- Gives freshness and maintains oral hygiene
- Fights against bleeding gums, toothache, and gingivitis
Best products of Patanjali:
- multiple Patanjali face products
- Patanjali dairy products
- Patanjali juices and immunity boosters
9. Himalaya Herbals
The Himalaya complete care toothpaste is a herbal formulation that prevents germs and dental problems. The toothpaste is on the list of top best toothpaste brands in India, it contains advanced herbal oral properties to prevent germs.
Benefits of Himalaya Complete care toothpaste:
- Prevents teeth cavities
- Helps to keep away gum problems
- With its antioxidants powers, it prevents tooth decay
- The Triphala agent in it prevents issues of bleeding gums
Best products of Himalaya
- The Himalaya purifying neem face wash
- Himalaya toothpaste
- Himalaya onion shampoo
Mamaearth toothpaste is for kids the product is safe to use has it is 100% natural. Its unique formula keeps teeth clean which is a huge benefit as maintaining Children’s oral hygiene is a huge task. And Mamaearth toothpaste is the best baby toothpaste brand in India.
And also Get a discount with Mamaearth coupons and shop your favorite products and win cashback.
Benefits of Mamaearth toothpaste:
- Strengthens gum and removes bacteria
- Protects from cavities and reduces regrowth of bacteria
- The unique antibacterial formula keeps the tooth clean
Best Products of Mamaearth:
- Mamaearth has essential face products
- Mamaearth toothpaste
- And the Mamaearth onion shampoo
Market Share of Leading Top 5 Toothpaste brands
- Leader in toothpaste brands i.e. Colgate holds 48.3%
- Hindustan Unilever’s Pepsodent and close up among the top 5 toothpaste brands hold – 22%
- Whereas, Dabur the toothpaste brand of India holds – 11%
- In the line we also have Patanjali being a competitive toothpaste brand holding – 11%
- And Himalaya herbal toothpaste holds a 19% market share in India
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which are the fluoride toothpaste brands in India?
Here are the top 3 fluoride toothpaste brands in India,
1. Colgate Cibaca Antiactivity toothpaste
2. Dabur Meswak toothpaste
3. Pepsodent Germicheck toothpaste
2. Which is the best toothpaste for cavities in India?
The top 3 best toothpaste in India for cavity are,
1. Enafix Anti Cavity Toothpaste
2. Colgate total advanced Health Anti-cavity Toothpaste
3. Colgate Total Charcoal Anticavity Toothpaste
3. Which is the best Whitening toothpaste in India?
The 2 best whitening toothpaste in India are Colgate Optic White Whitening Sparkling Mint Toothpaste and Himalaya Herbals Sparkling White Toothpaste.
4. Top 3 toothpaste companies in India?
List of top 3 toothpaste companies/brands in India
5. Which is the world’s best toothpaste and the world’s best toothpaste gel?
The No.1 toothpaste across the world holding the trademark in the market is Colgate. Whereas, Alovera is the natural and the best toothpaste gel in the world.
In final the top toothpaste brands are making sure that oral hygiene in India is kept safe. With all the above-mentioned products choose yours and flaunt your smile. To make your smile even brighter you can find the best cashback deals and vouchers for these products on Paisawapas.