Toothpaste is something that makes our teeth shine better and help us smile with confidence and gets rid of our morning breath. Our teeth are not just involved in chewing food; they even carry the beautiful smiles of every human being on earth. And the best toothpaste benefits us to bring those smiles to our faces. So, let us take a look at such Top 10 best toothpaste brands in India to keep teeth healthy.
So which is the best toothpaste for sensitive teeth in India? That can be used to keep your white, clean & strong. Let us learn in detail through this article.
Properties the Best toothpaste most contain for healthy teeth
- Fluoride – Fluoride is one of the main ingredients that should be in toothpaste. Because it will help you fight against cavity-causing germs. And the two common fluorides you can find in the best toothpaste are sodium fluoride and stannous fluoride.
- Calcium carbonate or hydrogen peroxide – in toothpaste helps to remove stains and get rid of yellowish teeth. And if you’re looking for the best toothpaste brand to get rid of yellow teeth? Then make sure your toothpaste doesn’t contain more than 0.1 – 0.3% of these chemicals because above this percentage they can damage your teeth’ enamel.
- Potassium nitrate – Potassium nitrate in toothpaste helps to reduce tooth sensitivity and gum bleeding.
- Zinc Citrate – Zinc citrate helps you to get rid of plaque or bacteria in the teeth.
What your toothpaste shouldn’t carry,
- Activated Charcoal – Activated charcoal may help in teeth whitening but it damages your teeth’ enamel and too much of it in your toothpaste is very harmful to your gum which can get weak.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate – Toothpaste does contain some amount of sodium lauryl sulfate in them for creating a foamy texture but a little more of it can cause redness, swelling, and skin issues inside the mouth.
List of the Top 10 Toothpaste Brands in India – Product Reviews
1. Colgate – India’s No.1 Toothpaste Brand
The toothpaste Colgate was named after the founder William Colgate and was introduced by the United States in 1873. In 1937 Colgate was founded in India by the parent organization Colgate-Palmolive. And Colgate holds the position of No.1 toothpaste brand in India. In real-time still counting Colgate, the best toothpaste in India in 2023 will always be.
Benefits of using Colgate toothpaste:
- The Colgate toothpaste helps to fight against plaque
- Gives good protection from cavity-causing germs
- India’s No.1 toothpaste brand produces lasting freshness and reduces bad breath
- Helps improve teeth enamel and makes gums stronger
Types of Products offered by Colgate Price List:
Below are the best-selling Colgate products in India,
- Colgate toothbrush price in India- INR 18 – 3,359/-
- The Price of Colgate toothpowder – INR 55-105/-
- Colgate Vedshakthi oil Price – INR 168-350/-
- And the leading Colgate toothpaste price in India – INR 25 -143/-
- Colgate Mouthwash and rinses – INR 50 – 600/-
Toothpaste Flavours that you can Explore by Colgate India
|Colgate Toothpaste for Kids||Top best Colgate Toothpaste for Adults|
|Kids toothpaste Colgate Strawberry||Colgate Gum Expert Toothpaste|
|Colgate Antiactivity toothpaste for Kids(2-5 years)||Colgate Everday Protection Toothpaste for Sensitive teeth|
|0% artificial Colgate toothpaste for Kids (3-5 years)||Colgate Active Salt Toothpaste|
|Colgate 0% artificial toothpaste for Kids (6-9 years)||Teeth Whitening toothpaste – Colgate Visible White|
|Motu Patlu Antiactivity toothpaste by Colgate||Colgate Swarna Vedshakthi toothpaste|
|Colgate Oral health toothpaste for Diabetes|
Note: The toothpaste price may vary in Real-time with the market price.
For the past three centuries, pepsodent has been one of the best toothpaste brands in India. It was bought by the leading company named Unilever situated in the United States, Canada. Pepsodent was the first toothpaste brand made in India with the key feature of anti-germ formula to give external germ protection.
Benefits of using Pepsodent toothpaste:
- The Peposodent toothpaste helps to clean the enamel surface of your teeth and removes plaque
- The best toothpaste brand Keeps the gums strong and fights against bacteria
- With germ protection, it does interdental cure and removes bad breath and bacteria
Best products Offered by Pepsodent:
- Pepsodent Mouthwashes
- Toothpaste by Pepsodent for Kids & Adults
- Pepsodent Toothbrushes
List of Toothpaste Flavours offered by Pepsodent for you to choose
Pepsodent Toothpaste for Kids
Pepsodent Toothpaste for Adults
|Strawberry-flavored kid’s toothpaste by Pepsodent (2-6 years)||Pepsodent Cavity protection toothpaste 2 in 1|
|Orange Flavour pepsodent toothpaste for kids (2-6 years)||Pepsodent Germicheck 8 Actions|
|Mineral Active Sensitivity protection Pepsodent toothpaste|
|Teeth whitening Pepsodent toothpaste|
|Gum care protection toothpaste|
3. Close-Up – Best Mouth freshening Gel toothpaste Brand
Close-Up is a toothpaste launched by Unilever company in 1967. That came to India as the first gel toothpaste in 1980. The toothpaste is marked by Hindustan Unilever as the everlasting freshness gel. With the ability, to give a better experience close-up comes under the list of top 5 toothpaste brands in India.
Benefits of using Close-up toothpaste:
- It gives mouth freshness
- Prevents cavity-causing bacteria
- Strengthens your teeth and prevents tooth decay
- Whitens your teeth and helps to fight the yellow tooth
Best Products of Close-up:
- Closeup Toothpaste
- Closeup mouthwash/ mouth freshener
Types of Gel Toothpastes Offered By Close-Up and its Price List
Toothpaste by CloseUp
|Price in INR/g|
CloseUp triple fresh – Anti-germ gel toothpaste
|Teeth Whitening Toothpaste by CloseUp – White Attraction Natural Glow||INR 95/150g|
|CloseUp lemon formulated Teeth Whitening toothpaste||INR 120/150g|
4. Sensodyne – The best Oral Health toothpaste Brand
Sensodyne is made by the company GSK a Global Healthcare Company located in New Delhi, India. Dentists recommend this toothpaste for sensitive teeth as it helps in the protection of teeth sensitivity. Sensodyne is the best toothpaste for sensitive teeth in India.
Benefits of using Sensodyne toothpaste:
- The toothpaste contains the tooth protection agent fluoride
- Reduces redness and tooth sensitivity
- Fights against the sensitive gums and gives relief
- And helps to control bad breath
Best products of Sensodyne:
- Sensodyne Toothpaste
- Sensodyne sensitive tooth protection toothbrush
Types of Oralcare Toothpaste Offered by Sensodyne at its Price List
|Types of Oralcare toothpaste Offered by Sensodyne||Toothpaste Price in INR|
|Teeth Whitening toothpaste by Sensodyne||INR 140/70g|
|Sensodyne Sensitive Teeth Repair toothpaste||INR 170/70g|
|Extra Fresh Breath toothpaste||INR 418/450g|
|Sensodyne Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Free toothpaste||Starts at INR 49/-|
|Plaque and Gum Protection toothpaste||INR 173/100g|
|Sensodyne Proenamel teeth strengthening toothpaste||746/100g|
Enjoy Grocery shopping through Paisawapas, using the bigbasket coupons, Amazon pantry offers, Flipkart, Jiomart coupons, grofers Offers, and many more grocery shopping partners with the best discounts to Avail. Shop Now!
5. Sensora toothpaste
Sensora is a toothpaste exported by one of the leading manufacturers called in India known as Indiamart. This toothpaste contains ayurvedic herbs and is sold at a price of 72rupees. Sensora is a highly recommended toothpaste product from dentists for teeth sensitivity.
Benefits of Using Sensora toothpaste:
- Reduces teeth sensitivity to hot or cold food items.
- Daily protection against cavity-causing germs
- Herbal ingredients will help to freshen your mouth
6. Meswak toothpaste
Meswak toothpaste also called the miswak was introduced by Balsara Hygiene in 1998. And owned by the leading manufacturing company Dabur. It stands among the top best toothpaste brands in India and has completed 24 years as a consumer good.
Benefits of using Meswak toothpaste:
- With its antibacterial property, it keeps away germs
- And it helps to reduce tooth decay
- Contains oral hygienic essential oils to prevent infections and sensitivity
7. Dabur RedPaste
Dabur RedPaste is one of the old consumer goods products of India, founded in 1884. This toothpaste is manufactured by Dabur India Private Limited and is named to be one of the top toothpaste brands in India. The toothpaste has a blend of traditional Indian medicine and pharmaceutical essences of the new era.
Benefits of using Dabur RedPaste:
- The clove oil in the toothpaste helps to fight against germs
- The herbals used in it will reduce tooth sensitivity and pains
- It prevents gum problems and gives strong enamel
Best products of Dabur:
- The Dabur Red toothpaste
- Honey and Dabur Almond Hair oil
- And the Dabur Chaywanprash
8. Patanjali Dant Kanti
Patanjali Dant Kanti toothpaste was introduced by Balakrishna Ramdev in 2006. It is one of the leading ayurvedic toothpaste brands in India in real-time. The toothpaste contains all ayurvedic herbs and essential oils to keep the tooth strong.
Benefits of Patanjali Dant Kanti toothpaste:
- Prevents cavities and tooth decay
- Gives freshness and maintains oral hygiene
- Fights against bleeding gums, toothache, and gingivitis
Best products of Patanjali:
- multiple Patanjali face products
- Patanjali dairy products
- Patanjali juices and immunity boosters
9. Himalaya – Best Ayurveda Toothpaste Brand in India
The Himalaya complete care toothpaste is a herbal formulation that prevents germs and dental problems. The toothpaste is on the list of the top best toothpaste brands in India, it contains advanced herbal oral properties to avoid germs.
Benefits of Himalaya Complete care toothpaste:
- Prevents teeth cavities
- Helps to keep away gum problems
- With its antioxidants powers, it prevents tooth decay
- The Triphala agent in it prevents issues of bleeding gums
Best products of Himalaya
- The Himalaya purifying neem face wash
- Himalaya toothpaste
- Himalaya onion shampoo
Types of Himalaya Herbal Toothpaste & their Price List
Toothpaste offered by Himalaya
Price in INR/g
|Himalaya Complete Care toothpaste||INR 55/80g|
|Active Fresh Gel toothpaste by Himalaya||INR 55/80g|
|Sparkling White toothpaste by Himalaya||INR 60/80g|
|Himalaya Ayurveda Gum Care Toothpaste||INR 100/150g|
10. Mamaearth – Best Toothpaste Brand for Kids
Mamaearth toothpaste is for kids the product is safe to use as it is 100% natural. Its unique formula keeps teeth clean which is a huge benefit as maintaining Children’s oral hygiene is a huge task. And Mamaearth toothpaste is the best baby toothpaste brand in India.
And also Get a discount with Mamaearth coupons and shop your favorite products and win cashback.
Benefits of Mamaearth toothpaste:
- The Mamaearth toothpaste strengthens gum and removes bacteria.
- Protects from cavities and reduces regrowth of bacteria.
- The unique antibacterial formula keeps the tooth clean.
Market Share of Leading 5 Best Toothpaste Brands in 2023
- Leader in toothpaste brands i.e. Colgate holds 48.3%
- Hindustan Unilever’s Pepsodent and close up among the top 5 toothpaste brands hold – 22%
- Whereas, Dabur the toothpaste brand in India holds – 11%
- In the line we also have Patanjali being a competitive toothpaste brand holding – 11%
- And Himalaya herbal toothpaste holds a 19% market share in India
Price List of Top 10 Best Toothpaste Brands in India 2023
|Toothpaste Brands in India||Toothpaste Price|
|Colgate toothpaste price||Starts at INR 10/-|
|Pepsodent Toothpaste 150g price||INR 97/-|
|Close-up toothpaste price||Starts at INR 20/-|
|Sensodyne fluoride toothpaste price||Starts at INR 70/-|
|Sensora toothpaste price||Starts at INR 99/-|
|Meswak toothpaste price||INR 112/-|
|Dabur Red Toothpaste||Starts at INR 50/-|
|Patanjali toothpaste price||Starts at INR 44/-|
|Himalaya toothpaste price||Starts at INR 80/-|
|Mamaearth toothpaste for kids price||Starts at INR 149/-|
Frequently Asked Questions
The top 3 fluoride toothpaste brands in India are – Colgate Cibaca Antiactivity, Dabur Meswak toothpaste, and Pepsodent Germicheck toothpaste.
Enafix Anti-Cavity Toothpaste, Colgate total advanced Health Anti-cavity Toothpaste and Colgate Total Charcoal Anticavity Toothpaste.
Colgate Optic White Whitening Sparkling Mint Toothpaste and Himalaya Herbals Sparkling White Toothpaste.
List of top 3 toothpaste companies in India, Colgate, Pepsodent, and Dabur.
The No.1 toothpaste across the world holding a trademark in the market is Colgate. Whereas, Alovera is the natural and the best toothpaste gel in the world.
Mama Earth toothpaste is a leading, 100% natural, and ayurvedic Consumer brand in India. Is the one that manufactures the best toothpaste gel for babies.
Finally, the top 10 toothpaste brands in India ensure that oral hygiene in India is kept safe. With all the above-mentioned products choose yours and flaunt your smile!